Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when one experiences some extreme unpleasantness (the sudden death of a beloved pet, the unexpected loss of a good job, a ghastly result in the CL final), it causes one to lash out at some other person with a petulance and pettiness entirely out of proportion to any observable reality.

BAINES CONSIDERING EVERTON OFFER

Everton
defender Leighton Baines is considering whether to accept a one year contract offered by the club, Sky Sports News understands.

Baines is out of contract this summer and is currently weighing up his options whilst on a family holiday.

The 34 year old made eight appearances last season with Lucas Digne securing the left back position at Everton during a successful first season at the club.

BAINES CONSIDERING EVERTON OFFER

Everton
defender Leighton Baines is considering whether to accept a one year contract offered by the club, Sky Sports News understands.

Baines is out of contract this summer and is currently weighing up his options whilst on a family holiday.

The 34 year old made eight appearances last season with Lucas Digne securing the left back position at Everton during a successful first season at the club.
didn't even cross my mind that he might reject the offer tbh, I always assumed/felt he would sign regardless, Don't think it'll make any difference transfer wise and Robinson or Gibson(?) will just be promoted instead.

didn't even cross my mind that he might reject the offer tbh, I always assumed/felt he would sign regardless, Don't think it'll make any difference transfer wise and Robinson or Gibson(?) will just be promoted instead.

Pretty sure he was set on retiring this year. But he's had his mind changed before.

Not too sure about this. Great solid back up but not going close to pushing digne for a place on starting 11. To progress we need competition?

Prob the best in fairness. Hard to find competition for him alright. Im prob happy with baines as back up even tho he wont push for a starting place
Reading another article about Robinson and talks he has been having with Silva it sounds like like they want him to be part of the first team next season, so this Baines thing must be a backup/coaching type thing.

Depends how much he still wants to play. He knows he won't be competing for a starting place and will just be injury/rotational cover.

Plus I'd be amazed if we haven't slashed his weekly wage too, possibly down to £40/50k. I know that still sounds silly money to the likes of you and I but some of these professional footballers can be a bit delicate over such things.

Personally I hope he signs. I think he showed he can still be effective at this level if not overused and it will give us a bit more time to bring through Robinson who's development was hampered by serious injury last term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back