Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's like molasses

ibixcksN2EgnT3.gif

I'm afraid that goal only works in a boring 442 formation. Man Utds trademark counter attacking style would never score such a boring slow goal mate...

It's posts as poor as this OP that will bring censorship to the web.

Proof (if needed) that walking around with your head up your arse makes you spout shte - what a cnt.

It's posts as poor as this OP that will bring censorship to the web.

Proof (if needed) that walking around with your head up your arse makes you spout shte - what a cnt.

Did you mean that Alexander blokes post? If not, that's well harsh on the OP, he said literally nothing out of order.

"He’s not getting any better. He’s slow. His hair is rubbish. He’s old. He’s overpriced. Need I continue?"

"He’s slow. His hair is rubbish. He’s old."

"His hair is rubbish."

I'm hurt by that.

He also provides less defensive cover than Tim Howard, which is a perfectly viable stat if you dont consider that they are playing different roles.

No that's a stupid comparison mate, because Howard and Baines play different positions, whereas Coleman and Baines are both fullbacks. It's Baines role, as a fullback, that unequivocally results in our defence being more vulnerable to successful attacks from the opposition.

No that's a stupid comparison mate, because Howard and Baines play different positions, whereas Coleman and Baines are both fullbacks. It's Baines role, as a fullback, that unequivocally results in our defence being more vulnerable to successful attacks from the opposition.

You just can't distinguish between player ability and tactical role is for some reason.

See, what you are saying is correct, we are more prone to attacks down the left because Baines is used as an attacking full back, but it doesn't mean Baines is a weak defender in terms of ability. There's literally zero correlation.

But I'm not going to go into this again, it just hurts the ol' brain.

You just can't distinguish between player ability and tactical role is for some reason.

See, what you are saying is correct, we are more prone to attacks down the left because Baines is used as an attacking full back, but it doesn't mean Baines is a weak defender in terms of ability. There's literally zero correlation.

But I'm not going to go into this again, it just hurts the ol' brain.

Yes we have been through this, and it was agreed that he is incapable of doing both (playing his role whilst simultaneously providing adequate defensive protection) so until he stops playing the role he is lauded for, he will continue to provide inadequate defensive protection, which many people consider to be a fundamental role of a proficient fullback.

I don't see why you have such a problem understanding this?

Yes we have been through this, and it was agreed that he is incapable of doing both (playing his role whilst simultaneously providing adequate defensive protection) so until he stops playing the role he is lauded for, he will continue to provide inadequate defensive protection, which many people consider to be a fundamental role of a proficient fullback.

Who has defined the role of fullback and how does it apply here?

And it's not as if we're shipping 30 goals a season from the left side.

So you want Baines to stay back and provide defensive cover at all times then...... Ok.

Me, I think attack is the best form of defence. Leave Baines to bomb forward I say.

Who has defined the role of fullback and how does it apply here?

And it's not as if we're shipping 30 goals a season from the left side.

Look I know lots of people are in love with Baines, and some of you are going to be worse than my sister when Take That broke up if he ends up going to United, but there is nothing wrong with stating that there is a weakness to his game.

Before you all have a breakdown, his current game, and indeed his game before he came to Everton, is based on a role that involves attacking football and it comes at the expense of defensive vulnerability.

Nobody is saying Baines should amend his game so that his attacking abilities should be stifled by defensive abilities, I'm saying that Leighton Baines game results in him providing less defensive protection than Seamus Coleman.

He provides much more defensive cover than players like Jordi Alba or Ashley Cole though

So you want Baines to stay back and provide defensive cover at all times then...... Ok.

Me, I think attack is the best form of defence. Leave Baines to bomb forward I say.

That isn't what I am saying, although some people would and it would just be a tactical preference just as you have stated.

Lets not pretend that he can do both though.

Look I know lots of people are in love with Baines, and some of you are going to be worse than my sister when Take That broke up if he ends up going to United, but there is nothing wrong with stating that there is a weakness to his game.

Before you all have a breakdown, his current game, and indeed his game before he came to Everton, is based on a role that involves attacking football and it comes at the expense of defensive vulnerability.

Nobody is saying Baines should amend his game so that his attacking abilities should be stifled by defensive abilities, I'm saying that Leighton Baines game results in him providing less defensive protection than Seamus Coleman.

He´s going, let´s get the most we can for him. But let´s not kid ourselves for a minute he´s not a worldclass footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back