Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

another game happening for him this week isn't there?
If so, then RM is clearly aiming to have him starting vs Villa.

Have to feel a little sorry for Galloway, he knows he's only filling in, but to have this accelerated fitness programme for Baines must make him feel like RM is desperate to get him out the team.

Have to feel a little sorry for Galloway, he knows he's only filling in, but to have this accelerated fitness programme for Baines must make him feel like RM is desperate to get him out the team.

I'd see it more that he's wanting to get his first choice LB and a senior member of the team back quickly into what is a very inexperienced back line. Galloway has impressed him clearly but RM has also been shown to like to get his young players spurts of appearances and now maybe is the time to take Brendan out of the limelight and let his body recover a bit away from the starting XI. I'm happy whoever starts but I wouldn't mind seeing a decent set piece being taken for once.

Galloway is getting first team football at 19 for one of the biggest clubs in the prem. He should be very grateful for the chance he got considering Martinez played him over Garbutt and Oviedo at times.

.....funny that in all the analysis of missing England players I haven't once heard Baines being mentioned. By my reckoning he's the no1 no3 but not when you listen to the experts.

.....funny that in all the analysis of missing England players I haven't once heard Baines being mentioned. By my reckoning he's the no1 no3 but not when you listen to the experts.

Yep even the last England game they were saying it was a good chance for Bertrand whilst Shaw is injured. No mention of Baines.

....didn't realise he is in the last year of his contract. Now that is interesting. I'd be amazed if the club aren't looking to tie him down with a new offer but the fact that hasn't happened could become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back