Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Article on front claims lots of people are wanting Galloway to stay first choice. Is that true? I mean there is always one ... but are people in significant numbers actually saying that? Don't get me wrong -- he's done very well -- but c'mon ... this is Baines FFS.

It's easy. When Leighton is match fit and ready he goes straight into the team. Galloway has filled in admirably and should be first choice reserve if there are any injuries to Stones/Funes Mori/Baines. Simple as that.

Article on front claims lots of people are wanting Galloway to stay first choice. Is that true? I mean there is always one ... but are people in significant numbers actually saying that? Don't get me wrong -- he's done very well -- but c'mon ... this is Baines FFS.

I think people have in the back of their minds Baines' age, and debating whether losing speed in his position will be relevant.

Personally I think LB is still first choice LB, Galloway is looking to be blooded in both CH and LB roles, so very good squad player and very much looking like future first-teamer.

tbh for the Villa game I think it less a question of which left back will do a better job than which of them will be physically fit enough to even start.

Baines is a LB no way is he a CM never mind what RM thinks or likes. Baines would not be good in that position. It would seem in view of all this talk from RM, Garbutt is out. There will be no place for him back here.

People talk about the accelerated fitness programme for Baines, is it not just using the spare time best for those who need match fitness the most; Baines, Cleverley, Osman, Lennon and loads of players who I am not sure about, Gibson, Oviedo, Pienaar, McGeady as well as youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back