Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it didn't help with his previous injury but yes correct me if I'm wrong but why wasn't he closing down there players letting them make space.
I think it's gotta be one of the three here. As you say he was for some reason told not to close, is trying to get his full fitness back, or simply didn't feel he could run them down if he over committed.

He either, as another poster thinks, was told to stand off opponents, is just trying to get all his physical fitness back and so backed off them, or was just not feeling a sprint after them.
do you think he wasn't trying? after defending osman I dont see how you can criticism anyones effort, as he gently trotted behind fernandinho for the goal, Baines is a modern day everton great, could have left any season in the last 7 for a bigger club had he wanted, and now he accused of not trying because you are disappointed with a result, sorry for me that isn't really on

do you think he wasn't trying? after defending osman I dont see how you can criticism anyones effort, as he gently trotted behind fernandinho for the goal, Baines is a modern day everton great, could have left any season in the last 7 for a bigger club had he wanted, and now he accused of not trying because you are disappointed with a result, sorry for me that isn't really on
:Blink:

Osman I never defended and I blame that on Martinez. In no way could he have had his pick of the bigger clubs each of the last 7 seasons that is ridiculous. He has been one of our better players for the last decade no doubt but tonight I didn't think he did enough. Sorry I've touched such a nerve but tis my opinion.

Osman I never defended and I blame that on Martinez. In no way could he have had his pick of the bigger clubs each of the last 7 seasons that is ridiculous. He has been one of our better players for the last decade no doubt but tonight I didn't think he did enough. Sorry I've touched such a nerve but tis my opinion.

I think he could have easily got himself a move to United if he wanted it.

He's an Everton great mate , how dare you!

I'm perfectly calm, you don't think he could have moved to a bigger club in the last 7 years?
You claimed osman did a good job covering, I'm glad you have retracted this
Do you think baines wasn't trying?

I'm perfectly calm, you don't think he could have moved to a bigger club in the last 7 years?
You claimed osman did a good job covering, I'm glad you have retracted this
Do you think baines wasn't trying?
I claimed, in specific regard to closing down crossing from the left, that Osman was most of the time in the right position (due to his legs not allowing him to get far from it) but yet you keep going on about his role in their first goal. There is no way "he could have had his pick of the bigger clubs" the last seven years. That is simply wrong. I think he could've tried a whole hell of a lot more in certain situations, mostly referring to his defensive play when getting faced up.

Not having the go's at Osman he has been an Everton stalwart for over a decade now. Just not on really.

Not his best performance tonight. Delivery was poor whenever he decided to stop messing about with it. Really shouldn't be attempting to block a shot like that anyway, asking for it to deflect

I claimed, in specific regard to closing down crossing from the left, that Osman was most of the time in the right position (due to his legs not allowing him to get far from it) but yet you keep going on about his role in their first goal. There is no way "he could have had his pick of the bigger clubs" the last seven years. That is simply wrong. I think he could've tried a whole hell of a lot more in certain situations, mostly referring to his defensive play when getting faced up.

Not having the go's at Osman he has been an Everton stalwart for over a decade now. Just not on really.
using quotation marks then making up what I've said is pretty low really isn't it?

Osman deserves no loyalty at all, he's a crap footballer who is very lucky millionaire, Baines was one of the top players on the planet in his position and is still a fine footballer, but we've lost a game so he will have people who fume a little too hard at football matches having a pop at him, I'm just glad Ross scored so we don't have to endure ignorant criticism of him as well tonight

using quotation marks then making up what I've said is pretty low really isn't it?

Osman deserves no loyalty at all, he's a crap footballer who is very lucky millionaire, Baines was one of the top players on the planet in his position and is still a fine footballer, but we've lost a game so he will have people who fume a little too hard at football matches having a pop at him, I'm just glad Ross scored so we don't have to endure ignorant criticism of him as well tonight
#1 the Osman stuff was a joke but I understand sarcasm isn't read well in text lol. You said Baines could've left in any of the last 7 seasons for a bigger club. Sorry if I got it a tad wrong but even a direct quoting of what you said it's just wrong. If I really was just fuming to fume I wouldn't have acknowledged all those I thought did quite well, but don't let that get in the way of your fume towards other people you see as "fuming".
Anyways have a good one ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back