Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't stay at clubs too long. I doubt he's looking to build friendships. That's my point.

My hope is that he takes no prisoners with the old guard who had no dignity in collapsing the last quarter of last season. That was as unforgivable an act of treason as I've seen at Everton in my lifetime. It was Chelse-esque. I'll never forgive it and I want the perpetrators out of an Everton shirt and out of the club asap.

Let's hope he 'trains' Baines to close down the wide player to stop crosses coming into the box. Something which has been a flaw in his game since he came to us, and why he could never dislodge Cole as England's left back.

Doesn't stay at clubs too long. I doubt he's looking to build friendships. That's my point.

My hope is that he takes no prisoners with the old guard who had no dignity in collapsing the last quarter of last season. That was as unforgivable an act of treason as I've seen at Everton in my lifetime. It was Chelse-esque. I'll never forgive it and I want the perpetrators out of an Everton shirt and out of the club asap.

Give it a rest eh, mate.

If you still want to follow your hero Roberto so much, then go to a Belgium forum as he's their manager now, not ours.

Let's hope he 'trains' Baines to close down the wide player to stop crosses coming into the box. Something which has been a flaw in his game since he came to us, and why he could never dislodge Cole as England's left back.
Baines is a pretty poor defender. His forward game masks that. Now that's in the bin there's no hiding place for him. One or two crosses in a game...is that what this club demands from a player now?

Well past his best.

Baines is a pretty poor defender. His forward game masks that. Now that's in the bin there's no hiding place for him. One or two crosses in a game...is that what this club demands from a player now?

Well past his best.

One of the best left backs we have ever had playing for us and still one of the best in the league, this season will show that

He'll probably never reach the heights of 2-3 years ago, but his form so far this season and in pre-season has been good. Looks sharp.

Whoa whoa.

The stories I heard from S'ton this summer were that he put a lot of noses out of shape in his time there.

Baines is intent on getting a sly fdg at Martinez. I wouldn't place any great store in what he's saying. Him and Jagileka are just made up they've retained their positions under him.

Koeman is a prickly character and I expect a lot of ructions at Everton with him as boss.

Still supporting that fraud of a manager after embarrassing yourself so much with your idiotic backing of him when even the rats were jumping ship? lol

Now attacking players who knew he was a joke.

I would like to say you are one of a kind, but there are others equally as clueless.

Amazed you try and pass yourself off as an Evertonian when you simply just have a man crush on a spaniard who we were unfortunate enough to be saddled with for far too long.

One of the best left backs we have ever had playing for us and still one of the best in the league, this season will show that
Never won a sausage in his career; cant defend; gets forward to less and less effect.

He CAN praise Koeman though, which might come in handy for him.

Still supporting that fraud of a manager after embarrassing yourself so much with your idiotic backing of him when even the rats were jumping ship? lol

Now attacking players who knew he was a joke.

I would like to say you are one of a kind, but there are others equally as clueless.

Amazed you try and pass yourself off as an Evertonian when you simply just have a man crush on a spaniard who we were unfortunate enough to be saddled with for far too long.

This needs to go in there -----> https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...belgium-head-coach.90386/page-23#post-4822406

Happy to reply to you there.

Never won a sausage in his career; cant defend; gets forward to less and less effect.

He CAN praise Koeman though, which might come in handy for him.
A1 for standing by el fraudo but he's not our manager anymore. Get behind the new manager and the team lad.

A1 for standing by el fraudo but he's not our manager anymore. Get behind the new manager and the team lad.
Read through the Koeman thread lad, I think you'll see I have.

Baines: just a daft player who had to fight for his place under the last manager throwing his toys out of the pram.

If he's #oneofus I want no part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back