Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Sessegnon from fulham. Him and Galloway pushing Baines out for next season. Galloway for me is just like Holgate and would be fine there while we focus on centre backs + a couple of midfielders and another striker.
Kid though isn't he?

Kid though isn't he?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Sessegnon

Only 16, first choice left back playing against brutes in the championship with 6 goals from 22 games. In the England u19s with davies and la gazzetta dello sport ranked him at 26 with davies at 28 of the top u21 players around in Europe.

I think the top sides will be after him and id iike to go for him with Galloway also pushing baines out but acting as a mentor to them for one more season....weve seen Galloway is good enough and he and Holgate can take the flanks over.

Look at those three and tell me the teams in the shake up for the CL spots would commit to playing them next season

In their prime, Baines and Jagielka would have got regular first team football at CL clubs, Mirallas probably not. Baines and Jags are now nearing the end of their careers, so, sooner or later, probably sooner for Jags, they'll need replacing, i don't think anyone really doubts that. At that point they'll probably be given the same option as was presumably given to Barry when Schneiderlin signed, basically saying we're happy for you to stick around, but you won't be first choice any more so may well be on the bench more than you are in the first eleven.

That'll likely happen with Jags next season, possibly with Baines as well, though that's more likely to happen the season after.

As for Mirallas ... useful player to have in the squad, but, as for large parts of this season, he's not been guaranteed a starting place any more so the ball's in his court.

Kid though isn't he?

Are you not familiar with Zat's view on life ?

In their prime, Baines and Jagielka would have got regular first team football at CL clubs, Mirallas probably not. Baines and Jags are now nearing the end of their careers, so, sooner or later, probably sooner for Jags, they'll need replacing, i don't think anyone really doubts that. At that point they'll probably be given the same option as was presumably given to Barry when Schneiderlin signed, basically saying we're happy for you to stick around, but you won't be first choice any more so may well be on the bench more than you are in the first eleven.

That'll likely happen with Jags next season, possibly with Baines as well, though that's more likely to happen the season after.

As for Mirallas ... useful player to have in the squad, but, as for large parts of this season, he's not been guaranteed a starting place any more so the ball's in his court.

Are you not familiar with Zat's view on life ?
All of that will be determined by the transfer money available. We had the lowest bet spend for 3 seasons the one Moshiri was in control of. I have no faith that a lot will be spent this summer. And they're senior players - one's the captain - so there will be pressure to give them game time.

Baines in his prime might have interested CL clubs...one in particular, the one killed by Moyes...but Jagielka was way off any decent team.

All of that will be determined by the transfer money available. We had the lowest bet spend for 3 seasons the one Moshiri was in control of. I have no faith that a lot will be spent this summer. And they're senior players - one's the captain - so there will be pressure to give them game time.

Time will tell mate, and Koeman had no hesitation in dropping Jags when he was out of form, so the days of Moyes and Martinez always playing their favouries seem to be over.

Baines in his prime might have interested CL clubs...one in particular, the one killed by Moyes...but Jagielka was way off any decent team.

Arsenal who have been in CL for 20 odd years were interested when he was playing well 4 or 5 years ago. Also of tumour is to be believed City only bought Lescott because Jags did his knee before Cup Final.

Arsenal who have been in CL for 20 odd years were interested when he was playing well 4 or 5 years ago. Also of tumour is to be believed City only bought Lescott because Jags did his knee before Cup Final.
All ids and buts. He actually got no further than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back