Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
..."he never loses the ball when we do ball possession exercises". I'm just not surprised at that statement. Some of those little passes he does on a football pitch look so easy but are so hard, I've always loved watching that part of his game. Little Maestro.

"Finding feet" when under pressure and the impulse is to get rid is one of his finest attributes. This season Lukakus movement and positioning has improved and Baines has been finding him.

The anti clan mate.
Of course he's ageing but what a really good season he has had. His passing is still majestic.

He's been neither bad nor overly good for me this season really

I was never in the anti camp, but I'm not strongly for either. He's been decent since the turn of the year for sure, but he had a dicey start to the season IMO

I think we need to sign Tierney in the summer and start easing him in to the first team set up with an eye to replacing Baines. I love Baines and think he's been unfairly maligned in recent seasons by some, but we can't run away from the hard fact that he's getting on. We need to start looking to the future I think

Probably the best of a pretty poor bunch today?
He's been pretty consistent this whole season for the most part. I think people were comparing him to Coleman, and now that Holgate is in the lineup he doesn't look that poor by comparison. They both need to get more involved in the attack- especially Baines as he can cross with the best of them.

With the way Koeman has played this year, I don't think we will see Baines back to his attacking best. He doesn't have the pace to get up and down the line anymore, so unless have someone to cover for him or he won't see much of the attacking third. It's a shame because he still has the best delivery when he does get forward.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back