Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
..."he never loses the ball when we do ball possession exercises". I'm just not surprised at that statement. Some of those little passes he does on a football pitch look so easy but are so hard, I've always loved watching that part of his game. Little Maestro.

When he side foots it between a couple of opposition players with pace into the striker etc... always had an eye for a pass and always been a good footballer... still one of my favs

He has lost his pace though. He isn't in the top 5 left backs anymore, but still does a job. Certainly not top of the list to be replaced.

Can you name me 5 LB in the prem that you think are better than him? Genuinely interested .... I don't see much of any teams apart from Everton these days

We've been spoiled with Bainesy, one of the best left backs to grace the Premier League and now he's dropped off a little bit with age people want him replaced.

I reckon he's got a lot left in the tank and is still one of the best about. He's a big miss when he's not in the side which says it all

Need to have someone to spell him so he's not facing 50-60 games next season, ideally a young player who can learn from him and in a couple of years step into his shoes. Played a bit less we'd see him play even better imo, and ffs please for God's sake get someone in on the left side rather than it being a different player every game there, he's best when striking up an understanding which requires consistancy ahead of him

It concerns me that Baines is looking to pass back much of the time. Is it because he's so one-footed and can't manoeuvre round quickly enough?
Anyway it's frustrating to see.

It concerns me that Baines is looking to pass back much of the time. Is it because he's so one-footed and can't manoeuvre round quickly enough?
Anyway it's frustrating to see.

Watch the games mate, when he does that it's entirely down to having absolutely no movement or options in front of him, if anything it's a plus he goes back and retains possession rather than trying to force a ball some-place it isn't on.

Watch the games mate, when he does that it's entirely down to having absolutely no movement or options in front of him, if anything it's a plus he goes back and retains possession rather than trying to force a ball some-place it isn't on.
Exactly this.

If this player is a starter next season we are not progressing as a club. Him, Jagielka and Mirallas. If they are getting serious game time we're going nowhere fast.

An ambitious club would have all three either down the road or firmly warming the bench and better quality replacements in.

It's often the same with Barkley but he gets slated for not passing it forwards or early when often he is keeping possesion.

Get shut FFS.

Where was he for the cross that went in for their goal? Loitering without intent. Barry got the stick for not getting close enough to the crosser of the ball...well he was a lot closer than 'kin Baines who should have been standing on that winger's toes.

Will people please stop defending this feller. He's lost what he had and him starting for us is a joke.

Can you name me 5 LB in the prem that you think are better than him? Genuinely interested .... I don't see much of any teams apart from Everton these days

Rose, Bertrand, Azpilucueta (when he plays there). The rest actually aren't all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back