2017/18 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading in here that Baines is finished as a footballer. Didnt look finished to me at all. We need another LB, but I bet he can be a good influence another season or two.
Honestly I think this is the biggest problem with Everton and our veterans.

They will play poorly for large periods, be injured etc - then they come back in do well for a purple patch and suddenly we want them around for another year or two. It happens with the majority of our players and often ends in said player becoming the pantomime villain.

Baines did play well, should probably be in and around the squad next season as it's simply ridiculous to only have 1 LB, but we should be looking for a replacement to take over before it's too late.

He came back from a serious injury yesterday and played well, your comment was just your bile filled agenda spilling over, as per.

Serious injury? As far as I'm aware Baines has never had one.

But yeah, let's give him a two year extension.

No wonder we remain rubbish.

They will play poorly for large periods, be injured etc - then they come back in do well for a purple patch and suddenly we want them around for another year or two. It happens with the majority of our players and often ends in said player becoming the pantomime villain.

Baines did play well, should probably be in and around the squad next season as it's simply ridiculous to only have 1 LB, but we should be looking for a replacement to take over before it's too late.
Exactly.

It's depressing that a lot of people have drawn the conclusion since yesterday that we just need a settled Baines and Jagielka in the team.

The hierarchy of the club have a loser mentality. It's little wonder though when sentiment and poor judgement of fans encourages them to believe we just want bog standard respectability and that the veteran players are worth persevering with.

Just hire a skip and stuff Baines and Jagielka in it along with underachievers Williams, Schneiderlin, Klaassen etc.

This has happened with Jagielka for the past 3 seasons. Has a spring purple patch and that's it, that contract extension can't come out quick enough.

I think it's clear Baines needs to play every minute of every game from now until the end of the season. However, the number 1 priority first and foremost in the summer has to be a left back, and we should, SHOULD, be starting to draw up a shortlist and scout players right now. I have no doubt we won't be though. We cannot be allowed another situation like we've had the last 4 months again next season.

A completely true comment.

Never turned up for a big game ever. One of the reasons he'll end his career with no trophy wins.

The main reason he will probably have no trophy wins is because he stayed loyal and didn't kick up a fuss when Man U wanted him

Taking a ball in the face, the fact his team were losing, and possibly some building anger.

When he got subbed off last week when Brighton beat Arsenal, he was kicking out at the coaching staff's seats in front of him and threw his shirt in a tantrum. Think I remember hearing commentators at the time say about his lack of game time.

49D2146800000578-5460425-image-m-32_1520180662145.jpg

Ball to the face probably pushed him over the edge and he wanted to take it out on Bainesy. Thankfully Baines' leg was raised so he could move out the way of it easily.
Probably doesn't help that he's actually a dodgy Star Wars hologram judging by that image.
Hologram-of-Princess-Leia-007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back