2017/18 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines' performance today showed just how tosh Martina is. OK, I get that Martina has been played out of position, but a player who tries hard is no substitute for Leighton's class.

By the way, what was the incident that set Knockeart off? I saw that Baines hit the ball into his face, was that all it took for him to try and remove Bainesy's legs?

Baines' performance today showed just how tosh Martina is. OK, I get that Martina has been played out of position, but a player who tries hard is no substitute for Leighton's class.

By the way, what was the incident that set Knockeart off? I saw that Baines hit the ball into his face, was that all it took for him to try and remove Bainesy's legs?
Taking a ball in the face, the fact his team were losing, and possibly some building anger.

When he got subbed off last week when Brighton beat Arsenal, he was kicking out at the coaching staff's seats in front of him and threw his shirt in a tantrum. Think I remember hearing commentators at the time say about his lack of game time.

49D2146800000578-5460425-image-m-32_1520180662145.jpg

Ball to the face probably pushed him over the edge and he wanted to take it out on Bainesy. Thankfully Baines' leg was raised so he could move out the way of it easily.

Taking a ball in the face, the fact his team were losing, and possibly some building anger.

When he got subbed off last week when Brighton beat Arsenal, he was kicking out at the coaching staff's seats in front of him and threw his shirt in a tantrum. Think I remember hearing commentators at the time say about his lack of game time.

Ball to the face probably pushed him over the edge and he wanted to take it out on Bainesy. Thankfully Baines' leg was raised so he could move out the way of it easily.

He sounds like a complete knob. Makes Kev Mirallas look level-headed

Very fortunate Baines' foot wasn't planted when that tackle came in. Nasty tw@ of a player that Knockaert. Remember watching the Brighton v Arsenal game last weekend and when Brighton were winning and he got subbed, he was kicking chairs (with coaching staff in) from the sub bench.

I love the YouTube clip of Leicester vs Watford in the playoffs. Massive dive by him in the last min to get a penalty, takes pen, misses, gets rebound, saved, Watford go straight up the other end and smash himeba giak dor 3-1. Commentary is quality too... go watch it if you havnt seen it already

Yeah ball hitting his face the the crowd laughing I think

seen that last week and commentators were like "oh dear" what a pleb. the ball to face was accidental and the two footed challenge was a disgrace

Like I said in another post, he is past his best. But today he brought balance to the side. He is our best option till may, let’s hope we have identified a new one, but knowing Walsh I wouldn’t bet on it.

The balance was brought about by playing Rooney and Sigurdsson in their proper positions and starting with width off both sides and a CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back