Lennon agrees Burnley move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've been a good RWB, if we'd bothered signing any left sided defenders this season.
Anyway, good luck to him, he always tried his best.

Best of luck to him. Comes across as an honest player. Actually thought he might have made it as a wing back for us in a back 5 as he has pace to overlap now and again and could be covered by the center back.

But is he good enough long term for a team going for top 6 not to mind top 4? Nowhere near it. Not even as a squad player. And i hope we cull another 6/7/8 players in a similiar group we have.

Walcott is a big upgrade.

Well Burnley are 7th, 3 points of 6th....

I hope one day he will tell his story of his mental health struggles and how he went on to play first team again.

All Premier League players are role models and he could make a difference to some kids maybe struggling with their careers.

Huge respect for the man.

You know, I was thinking about how important his story (alongside those of Clark Carlysle and Steven Caulker) could be longer term. In a week when Cyrille Regis is rightly recognised for changing attitudes to race, hopefully Aaron will be as influential in changing attitudes to mental health.

Good luck Aaron. Top pro, always gave his all when he pulled on the shirt and inspirational the way he came back from his problems. Hope he goes on and does well at Burnley and remains happy and healthy.

There has been stretches in which we looked like utter dog---- recently but when you on the pitch I could always say "at least Aaron was professional" Good luck and enjoy Europa next year.

Dunno why they would let Aaron Lennon go - he was at the very least a useful squad player

I think he was/is but our problem is we have too many squad players and not enough nailed on starters.

Good luck to the lad, will always be remembered with respect both footballing and "character" wise

Not the greatest player to have ever turned out for us, but I like him and hope he does well down the Turf. They'll appreciate him for what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.