Lescott : would you have him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's common knowledge that there is and has been strong interest in Fellaini. If he wanted to leave he easily could have, and he most certainly didn't have to sign a new contract with us.

No they wouldn't. Baines and Jags have had CL teams sniffing around them and didn't act like complete scum to force a move. I believe Arteta (before the Arsenal move) turned down offers too.

The false equivalency in this thread is amazing. It's not the same as Pienaar, Arteta or anyone we've sold in recent memory (or perhaps history -- I'd argue Wayne wasn't as bad). He essentially quit on the pitch in the middle of a game -- if I were City I would have pulled my offer right there on the basis that such a deep lack of character would likely hurt my club one day.

The next time someone says "they've got to feed their family" or something along those lines about a player going from 40-50k a week to 80-90k I swear I will ... do nothing but I'll be right upset I tell you.

"You would do the same" ... first off people always say this as if it's hypothetical. As if people in the "real world" aren't offered jobs. We are. Lots of people turn them down (even for more money -- and even when the difference between making tens of thousands a year is actually bigger in terms of the impact on your lifestyle than the huge footballer wage amounts) for various reasons (family, location, happiness at current job etc.) Hell I've seen people move jobs and take LESS money. Actually I've seen footballers do that too. So this "everyone is a money hungry scumbag who will not only do anything for money but act like absolute human garbage to force a move" doesn't really line up with reality. Yes there are lots of "Wall Street" types about who will stab their mother for a nickel but there are also people who could make six figures a year who take a lot less to help out others. Takes all sorts but don't paint all of us with the Lescott brush. Lescott is the vulture capitalist of footballers but there are some Warren Buffets out there too. Wherever you guys live sounds like a horrible place -- you should move ... take less money if you have to.

Oh ... in case it wasn't clear: of course I'd take him back he's great bloke! ;)

Mate I don't disagree with your basic point but what football players can you think of who have had a big offer turned down and not agitated for a move or ultimately moved ? I don't mean payers like kaka at a huge club turning down a move to city but a player like Arteta , lescott , Rooney who have one the same and got on with it . There clearly are examples but I can't really think of any (many) , also how many players have taken a wage drop in normal circumstances ? Take Arteta as an example it's widely rumoured he took a wage drop but his signing on fee took it above his old basic and bonuses hammer it .

If your looking for examples by the way he may have played across the park but I'm told crouch is an absolute gentleman who has behaved pretty decently when faced by moves and over wages so like isn't I'm sure there are a couple of examples but I can guarantee you they are exception not the rule.

Be real, Fellaini has been whoring himself out for months with his various 'misinterpreted' quotes he is definitely the worst for it. Sadly for him, his dear dad, and more importantly us, no-one is interested.

'Whoring himself out for months'. Weird way of doing that, signing a five year deal which would make him much harder to buy.

And saying nobody is interested is embarrassing. We get it, you don't like Fellaini, but to say there is no interest is plain wrong.

It's common knowledge that there is and has been strong interest in Fellaini. If he wanted to leave he easily could have, and he most certainly didn't have to sign a new contract with us.

There was very little interest in Fellaini at the time he signed his new contract, and there has never been enough interest for someone to bid for him. So how do you think Fellaini would react if the richest club in the world bid for him but David Moyes was insistent on blocking the deal?

Would he just ignore it, or would he kick up a fuss and ensure that he got sold? I mean, after all, you couldn’t blame Fellaini if he did force such a move, could you?

Pienaar and Lescott where both much different. Pienaar coming to end of contract whilst Lescott was well within contract.

Pienaar was very humble compared to Lescott.

Would i have him back? Yes

Would Moyes? No

Why do so many people make a blunt comparison between the Lescott and Pienaar sales? The differences aren't exactly nuanced: Lescott wanted out and did whatever he felt he needed to make the situation untenable. Pienaar, by all accounts, was prepared to sign a new deal as long as he was given parity with Arteta - not an unreasonable request considering he was pretty much our best player at the time. He didn't 'run down' his contract, it was a stalemate. The derby no-show is certainly a blot on his record, but on the pitch Pienaar has never been indifferent.

I'm not going to vilify Lescott so much for the Arsenal game. I recall Yakubu doing something pretty similar for half a season before we got him from Middlesborough (and at Portsmouth before that). Motivation is a fickle thing, but it obviously sours opinion towards him. He'd be useful for us, probably, but I don't think age, price, wages and transfer terms are in our favour, so it's unlikely we'll see him here. As others have mentioned, the Loftus Road Cemetery seems better suited.

Spot on mate.

Mate I don't disagree with your basic point but what football players can you think of who have had a big offer turned down and not agitated for a move or ultimately moved ? I don't mean payers like kaka at a huge club turning down a move to city but a player like Arteta , lescott , Rooney who have one the same and got on with it . There clearly are examples but I can't really think of any (many) , also how many players have taken a wage drop in normal circumstances ? Take Arteta as an example it's widely rumoured he took a wage drop but his signing on fee took it above his old basic and bonuses hammer it .

If your looking for examples by the way he may have played across the park but I'm told crouch is an absolute gentleman who has behaved pretty decently when faced by moves and over wages so like isn't I'm sure there are a couple of examples but I can guarantee you they are exception not the rule.

I see what you're saying. I don't really mind if people would have Lescott back, it's the comparison with Pienaar's situation in an attempt to justify it which seems silly to me.

There was very little interest in Fellaini at the time he signed his new contract, and there has never been enough interest for someone to bid for him. So how do you think Fellaini would react if the richest club in the world bid for him but David Moyes was insistent on blocking the deal?

Would he just ignore it, or would he kick up a fuss and ensure that he got sold? I mean, after all, you couldn’t blame Fellaini if he did force such a move, could you?

Fellaini deserves to play at the highest level, he is like Essien when hes defensive mid, Xavi when hes centre mid and Berkgamp when he's in the #10 role, he can play anywhere and do anything, obviously every club in the world was after him but loyalty stayed his hand and he decided to extend his contract with little old Everton for the frankly derisory £70k a week we're paying him. When he is playing for Barcelona in a few years time bossing the midfield I will feel priveliged to say one of the world's greatest ever players devoted just a few years to us, such a small club, when he could have gone anywhere and done anything years ago.

Legend. I think we should melt down that Dixie statue - what did he ever do, anyway? - and just remould it into a giant Fellaini effigy we can worship when he is gone.

Be real, Fellaini has been whoring himself out for months with his various 'misinterpreted' quotes he is definitely the worst for it. Sadly for him, his dear dad, and more importantly us, no-one is interested.

He's not started playing like a c**t in order to force a move though, has he? So he's not really relevant to this discussion.

Fellaini deserves to play at the highest level, he is like Essien when hes defensive mid, Xavi when hes centre mid and Berkgamp when he's in the #10 role, he can play anywhere and do anything, obviously every club in the world was after him but loyalty stayed his hand and he decided to extend his contract with little old Everton for the frankly derisory £70k a week we're paying him. When he is playing for Barcelona in a few years time bossing the midfield I will feel priveliged to say one of the world's greatest ever players devoted just a few years to us, such a small club, when he could have gone anywhere and done anything years ago.

Legend. I think we should melt down that Dixie statue - what did he ever do, anyway? - and just remould it into a giant Fellaini effigy we can worship when he is gone.

You're going to look like such a tit when a CL club comes in with a bid for him :lol:

He's not started playing like a c**t in order to force a move though, has he? So he's not really relevant to this discussion.

Because there has been no interest, why can you not make the obvious connection, issues arose with Pienaar and Lescott because Spurs & City respectively were open about their interest and had actively pursued them. Fellaini is begging for a 'big move' but no-one is interested. You can bet if they will (doubtful) he will act the [Poor language removed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back