Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Let’s talk about Nottingham Forest

Crikey this thread is a full scale pile on!

I'll stay out of the fan chants cos lets face it any club playing us or the Kopites home or away in Dec gets this every f'in year.

Forest hate Kop*tes on the same level as Derby so I was a bit surprised with the amount of chants yesterday (I was in the Cloughie stand) as that was at that level which is rare in my experience for Everton games.

Forest, like all other clubs in or fearing a relegation battle this year wanted us to get a bigger points deduction as it would give them more chance of staying up (assuming that only 2 would be relegated if we were thrown out or got a points deduction so big we couldn't recover from it)

Not way near being a tory city/county just a few pockets although the City ground is located in one of them (Rushcliffe)

Miners strike was more about the hatred of Scargill than any liking of the tory govt (you can hate both equally at the same time) which is what happened. Old miners I know still feel betrayed by both the NUM and the new union Greaterex set up. Not many of them left now though!

The City Council IS sh*te (The one that went bankrupt last week and the one where I live)

One or two areas of Nottm are good, most are ok, and there a few areas that are the absolute dregs with inhabitants to match.

Employment prospects are increasingly poor with the majority of the Cities old large employers now gone or still in decline e.g. Players, Raleigh, GEC Plessey, NAFI, Royal Ordanance and Boots so its becoming an increasingly polarized City of haves and have nots (no pun intended)!

Increasing relies on its Student population from the 2 Uni's although a significant part of the locals moan about that but dont understand the financial benefit they bring.

.. and lastly even I'm not that old to tell you any personal stories about Robin Hood
These threads are designed to make us feel better about ourselves and have no room for reasoned posts or debate.

Please request this post deletion and call all Forest fans Tory no culture scruffs with undeveloped language skills who inhabit a third world wasteland

To be fair that Forrest team under Cloughie was some team, remember them beating us 3.1 at Goodison I’m sure it was the first game of the season the year they came up.
One of my most memorable games as a kid!

I went with me Dad who was a Forest Fan on a coach (Mums side were Toffees)

He was working at Plessey at the time and it was a works bus which was mainly Forest fans but had a few Evertonians on it too as quite a few had moved down from Liverpool to Nottingham to work at Plesseys at the time I think.

I remember thinking Forest were going straight back down 20 mins in but by the end I thought Everton were getting relegated lol

To be fair that Forrest team under Cloughie was some team, remember them beating us 3.1 at Goodison I’m sure it was the first game of the season the year they came up.
As a shrewd judge of football I turned to a mate after the game and told him that Forest were [Poor language removed] and would go straight back down again, of course they went on to win the league.

I will be keeping a close eye on their books over the next few years. The money they’ve spent and the wages they’re paying out to assemble that squad is alarming. Probably even worse than our 2017-2019 splurge. They currently don’t have a single saleable asset. Not sure how Lingard for £200k a week for one season is going to look on the rolling 3 year books.

What is the situation with this, they got 40m for Johnson but their outlay has been massive.

What is the situation with this, they got 40m for Johnson but their outlay has been massive.

Like I said I look at their squad and I don’t see a single player they could sell for a substantial profit. Johnson was their only one. They’re gonna be in huge trouble unless another wonderkid comes through the academy, but how are they even gonna get a game when they’ve got about 35 players to register that they’ve signed in the last 18 months.

Like I said I look at their squad and I don’t see a single player they could sell for a substantial profit. Johnson was their only one. They’re gonna be in huge trouble unless another wonderkid comes through the academy, but how are they even gonna get a game when they’ve got about 35 players to register that they’ve signed in the last 18 months.

They have a couple of highly saleable assets, GibbsWhite highly thought of and their Centre forward who looks better every time I see him. Just wish I could remember his name. :blush:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back