2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Just like Betos goal on Thursday was absolutely superb and one of the best Everton goals seen in years, Dobbins celebration will be remembered for years to come.

It reminded of the way a kid celebrates scoring a last minute winner to win a trophy for his local club on the local park, just absolute joy, relief, excitement and happiness all rolled into one. The fact that everyone joined in shows a great togetherness.

Plus I love the little hop forward Beto does during the celebration

What a boss week it's been :)

Just like Betos goal on Thursday was absolutely superb and one of the best Everton goals seen in years, Dobbins celebration will be remembered for years to come.

It reminded of the way a kid celebrates scoring a last minute winner to win a trophy for his local club on the local park, just absolute joy, relief, excitement and happiness all rolled into one. The fact that everyone joined in shows a great togetherness.

Plus I love the little hop forward Beto does during the celebration

What a boss week it's been :)
Spot on Macc, how have I got two of my favourite goals at Goodison in one week?!?

The team spirit and togetherness is the best I’ve seen for decades.

Also, the noise from Goodison for Dobbos goal is just special. The inhale/silence prior to the roar as the ball smashes the net - no other ground can do that imo. I’m really gonna miss her.

I hope we get the same or better in our new home.

was there any truth in the rumour that he had some kind of falling out with Dyche in a cup game a while back

thought Dyche was going to give him the Jadon Sancho treatment
No idea but given what Dyche has created here that rumour seems to be either total rubbish or blown out of proportion

It’s easy to say ‘x playing is fuming’ when we aren’t getting results and they aren’t getting much game time but honestly I can’t count the amount of little bust ups I had when I was playing and we weren’t winning, it just means it matters to them and you can see how much it matters now we’re getting the results.

He scored 1 goal.

Made up for him and hope it can kick-start him definitely but let's not pretend he's impressed in his chances before yesterday.

Hes looked like a lightweight young player and thats hampered him.

However, he doesnt seem to let his head drop and just keeps running and trying to get his pace against opposition players.

Against Semedo (bigger/stronger/quick) he still caused him a few problems.

If he can add a bit of strength i think hed be more effective.

I get what you are saying but when you see him in the u21 games now he looks a yard ahead of most of the others. He is caught between them and the first team at the moment and probably needs a few more minutes to see if he is up to it and can contribute anything.

Interesting he was used ahead of Danjuma.

To become one of 4 wide players in the squad next season would be a win i think.