Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of us flying Malaga to Paris on the Wednesday, then hire car to Lille - no tickets yet so fingers crossed. Any Western Front trenches under the ground??

thanks, my lads like a sponge on twitter and believes everything he reads

I corrected someone on twitter but its still there so more will believe too.

if you search lille stadium card on here you'll see posts from potato killer (or something like that) about it.

dont forget though lads the ale will probably be non alcoholic if there is any at all

can anyone confirm the rumour on twittter that the ground is cash less and you need to put money on some type of pre paid card ?

It certainly says that on their site, doubt it applies to the away end like.

You can get it from outlets in the town apparently & can also put cash on in the stadium, suppose best bet if in home end will be to get a card then whack some on inside....just in case they put us in a different block.

Actually.... forget that as they've changed it from when I read it

http://www.grandstade-lillemetropole.com/fr/infos-pratiques/monetique

END OF ELECTRONIC BANKING

Electronic banking is used only by a minority of spectators (most preferring to solve its consumption with a credit card or coins), we decided to end the payments by cash card.

Nah, you won't need any special thing to pay in the ground. They've tried it and we never got into it to make it work properly I guess. Therefore just forget about it. Cash or debit card and you'll be all good.
Keep in mind that beers can be found in the ground but they are non-alcoholic ones so get loaded before or after.

For those asking if it's ok to wear you're EFC shirt in the ground, just do so. You shouldn't get in any sort of troubles because:
1) French people don't speak English or good English so they won't be able to tell you [Poor language removed]
2) They will be impressed by the massive supporting
3) Non-Lille supporters might go just because it's EL so it's fancy
4) You're in your right to wear a shirt. No matter the colour

Gosh I'm looking forward to seeing a blue wave in Lille and hope it's going to be a sunny day (fingers crossed).

Nah, you won't need any special thing to pay in the ground. They've tried it and we never got into it to make it work properly I guess. Therefore just forget about it. Cash or debit card and you'll be all good.
Keep in mind that beers can be found in the ground but they are non-alcoholic ones so get loaded before or after.

For those asking if it's ok to wear you're EFC shirt in the ground, just do so. You shouldn't get in any sort of troubles because:
1) French people don't speak English or good English so they won't be able to tell you [Poor language removed]
2) They will be impressed by the massive supporting
3) Non-Lille supporters might go just because it's EL so it's fancy
4) You're in your right to wear a shirt. No matter the colour

Gosh I'm looking forward to seeing a blue wave in Lille and hope it's going to be a sunny day (fingers crossed).

Are you coming to meet us all ?

If you do then bring the best looking sister that you have and look for the flag made from Hi-vis material.
0672b815ddb3535bef68bba5630bc28a_bigger.jpeg

Am I right in thinking that bars have the large bottles of Cidre(wine bottle size) ? or is that just in Normandy, they were the same price as a pint of beer

Looking forward to first European Away with my 2 lads. Driving down from Warrington 1.00am Thursday, getting the 7.50 Eurotunnel so hopefully be in Lille 11am. I bought the 3 ticket pack, has anyone any plans to pass on the Lille v Wolfsburg tickets to any Lille fans ? Any groups set up for this ?. Shame to see the tickets go to waste. We are in Block H (next to away fans). Sounds like it is going to be amazing.
Just pass them on to a friendy foreigner........ You'll find loads up at anfield the following Saturday mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back