Liverpool council threaten legal action over Merseyside derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it's too late to change the kick off time now? People have arranged travel, would be an uproar. Got to be a no go now?

It won't be changed and there was never any likliehood of it being changed.

The whole point of this exercise was to make sure that never again will a derby be selected for this early evening TV slot of a Saturday.

Say goodbye to Saturday adternoon derbies for the forseeable as well.

It will all be Saturday lunchtime or Sundays going forward.

Now......here's a hyopthetical scenario for you.

Can you imagine the panic among Mersyside Plod happen the teams are drawn together in the semi final of the Europa League.....:pint2:

Everton should now put the boot on the other foot and do what Leeds did recently and tell the Police they're not going to pay them their exorbitant charges for games where the level of away support doesn't warrant their presence in their current numbers.

It won't be changed and there was never any likliehood of it being changed.

The whole point of this exercise was to make sure that never again will a derby be selected for this early evening TV slot of a Saturday.

Say goodbye to Saturday adternoon derbies for the forseeable as well.

It will all be Saturday lunchtime or Sundays going forward.

Now......here's a hyopthetical scenario for you.

Can you imagine the panic among Mersyside Plod happen the teams are drawn together in the semi final of the Europa League.....:pint2:

They'll have Anfield evening or 4pm ones, this only applies to the Goodison Derby i'm sure...

A good and necessary use of police resources IMO.

Without the 500 yard line of vans down Priory Road and officers everywhere that fella who dropped a Mars bar wrapper instead of finding a bin might have got away scott free.

10 games every Saturday all kick off at 3 o clock, just like the final game of the season.

You know, a few years ago I would have been in agreement with you.

But now I love the wall to wall Premiership games stretching from Saturday lunchtime to Monday night.

And whilst I still long for the buzz which round the ground when the half time scires were being read out, I wouldn't want to go back to the days of my youth when the football finished at 4.40 ish of a Saturday afternoon and MOTD or Sportsnight with Coleman for midweek cup ties was all the TV footie we saw.

So.......did WW3 break out in the city centre last night?

Did Priory Road run red with blood?

Did Plod have to mount a baton charge down Spellow Lane to clear rioters from the Royal Oak?

Sodding plonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back