Liverpool locals only - Why and how did you become a blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me Dad is the only blue out of 4 brothers who are all reds. His sister and his dad are also reds. If that's not an example of being chosen I don't know what is.

When i started walking and talking i remember my Grandad going. 'Martin, your a blue. Dont ever support them lot across the park.' After he said that, he got this everton top out of a bag and put it on me. So from about the age of 2 ive been a Blue.

im the only blue in my entire family as far as i know. i remember watching that european cup final when kennedy scored for the ****e ( 81, i think? ). my family was there and they were all going mental but i just didnt feel anything at all...i wasnt a football fan at the time ( i was only 5'ish ) but i just didnt like the colour red. my brother used to get roy of the rovers comics and i saw a picture of graeme sharp in a blue everton kit and decided that i liked them. my dad was sooooooo ****ed off that he actually slapped me when i told him that i liked everton more than liverpool, he went fookin mad especially as he named me kevin john after keegan and toshack!!!. my family likes to say that i supported the ****e first and changed to a blue but what-the-****-ever...i dont remember liking the ****e before that one game but i certainly remember disliking them after it!!!! IMWT.....

Simple really - I was born in Everton, not Oslo. There are NO red****es in my family. EFC is the club of the city.

The tale of how I came to support Everton is like a blockbuster movie script with a killer twist and liberal sprinklings of both tradgedy and humour. Sadly as I'm not from from Liverpool I'll not be sharing it in this thread.

I was born and raised an Evertonian, but I moved to South Africa at a very young age (Afrikaans father) so only managed to see my first game at Goodison when I was 14. I'm 22 now. The game was against Sunderland in the Worthington Cup, my Uncle was a season ticket holder at the time and he usually took my cousin, but my cousin was working this particular night so he offered me to my first game instead. John Collins and a young Michael Bridges (!) scored the first goal for and against Everton that I ever saw live. We were knocked out on pens in the end, Niall Quinn scored for them and Bakayoko had his saved. I distinctly remember my Uncle saying "you're bad luck, you" repeatedly when we were leaving the ground, walking up City Road, but the whole time I was looking back at Goodison and telling myself I'd be seeing her again.

My dad was, his dad was etc. I'm from L4, my dad took me to my first game (we were title holders) and I never looked back.

Moved to Liverpool in 1973, both parents are from outside of the City. One a Geordie the other from Croydon. One day on Barnfield Playing field in West Derby, whilst playing football.. me and three mates 'chose ' our teams. Liverpool, Leeds and West Ham were assigned to them, after I'd already picked Everton, who I used to watch train over the field at Bellefield..In years to come , both my parents and sisters. became reds..I stayed a Blue !! The field in question has since been re-named, the Shankly Fields (n) (n)

Wasnt really that keen on football until I watched the stuart McCall cup finalwith my dad and brother. Went to a few games the following season and the rest is history. Another major reason for me is that my brother passed in 1990 and he was a massive blue...kind of wanted to do it for him as well really. Still think of him everytime I go to goodison!! Got my 1st season ticket after the 95 cup final and have been ever since. Fustrate the **** outta me but wouldnt swap them for anythin!! COYB

Mum's side is blue, dad's is red. Thankfully my dad didn't care much for supporting anyone (more arsed about playing) till later on, so we baptised him as a blue.

I was born and raised an Evertonian, but I moved to South Africa at a very young age (Afrikaans father) so only managed to see my first game at Goodison when I was 14. I'm 22 now. The game was against Sunderland in the Worthington Cup, my Uncle was a season ticket holder at the time and he usually took my cousin, but my cousin was working this particular night so he offered me to my first game instead. John Collins and a young Michael Bridges (!) scored the first goal for and against Everton that I ever saw live. We were knocked out on pens in the end, Niall Quinn scored for them and Bakayoko had his saved. I distinctly remember my Uncle saying "you're bad luck, you" repeatedly when we were leaving the ground, walking up City Road, but the whole time I was looking back at Goodison and telling myself I'd be seeing her again.

i remember a night cup game against Sunderland and that went to Pens, and John Oster stood up to take it and u know when u have that feeling....oh **** not him.... he missed!!! the short arse hahahaha

Walked up the steps in the paddock as a 6 year old in 1970, night game, floodlights on, i thought this is the most amazing place,,over 40 years later and despite moving a few hundred miles away i still do and now my 4 sons all think the same and proudly wear the shirt around the island...born,,,,hell yes and proud of it coyb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back