Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous, we will get way more points than that, and way more points than those 3 teams. No chance we are getting relegated this season.
...only if we manage our negative GD. With Pickford I think we can have the least worst GD so I suspect your call re avoiding relegation will come to pass. As to the total points accumulated, we will have to agree to differ. We are an awful team....poor players, management and executive and Board. 18 points is being optimistic imho.

Hiding to nothing there. 10 men and all we can do is re-organise the team not to get hammered. We restricted them very well to very little until the gangly stray arm too far from the body costs us. Must say it should have been 10 v 10 no doubt and shows that the refs in this country are useless. Thought Dyche made the right call with the subs 2nd half but it just didn't work out then the last minute or so goal adds to the grief.

This is from Stephen Warnock of all people, shows how bad that call was:
'My big thing here is what is the assistant referee doing? What is the fourth official doing?

We keep getting told that they are a team of officials, then be a team! The only person who will be reprimanded for this is Craig Pawson, he will be the one lambasted for making a wrong decision.

You've got three people here that could have told him he'd gotten that wrong. Help each other out, tell them 'you've got it wrong there mate. It's a second yellow.'

Also the audacity then to book Sean Dyche for complaining, it's a stinker of a decision.

I could have a big bearing on this game. Everton could now be up against ten men and be going for the win again, it changes the momentum completely!'
And why couldn't the 3 var official's give Keynes handball. Why make the ref look

Performance gives us hope that we stay out of trouble.

Imperative players stay fit. Keane etc just aren’t good enough to step into the team and not make it significantly weaker.

Admirable performance. Can’t argue with the players effort or managers subs. Red card ruined it, followed by inconsistency

Managers subs and team selection are ALWAYS a disgrace

Just changing the formation. With four at the back, Harrison and McNeil needed to help out their full backs. (Which Harrison was not so effective at. With five at the back, the central defenders can help the full back out and allow them to attack a bit.

MoM Onana for me, but Branthwaite and Mykolenko had a good shout.

Spot on.

Hiding to nothing there. 10 men and all we can do is re-organise the team not to get hammered. We restricted them very well to very little until the gangly stray arm too far from the body costs us. Must say it should have been 10 v 10 no doubt and shows that the refs in this country are useless. Thought Dyche made the right call with the subs 2nd half but it just didn't work out then the last minute or so goal adds to the grief.

Mate not right bringing Keane on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back