Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the time Hibbert made a tackle outside the box and had the yellow in his hand until Gerrard whispered something in his ear then suddenly it was a red.. Clattenberg with the worst refereeing preformance in history.. the only call he got right was sending off Phil Neville.

Even now this annoys me. Gerrard dives, this is no different to the Anthony Gordon one but again one was given the other wasn’t.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of all these pundits saying the ref made a mistake. Making the same mistake over and over again is classified as madness. They're not mistakes, it's cheating or bottling it or whatever you wanna call it. They're hiding behind the word, mistake!
Dont worry, they sort of admit it after they have retired and want a bit of media work. Remember that football is now owned by the broadcasters and refs have a duty to maintain tbe success of the key global brands

Just posted the same mate. Sorry i didnt see your post. All that was brushed under the carpet. I couldnt believe at the time what i was seeing. Clattenburg was so fame hungry he probably thought im in here with steven gerrard.
That was when Moyes, who tended to keep his mouth shut about refs, absolutely lost it. Think he put a complaint in. Most corrupt UK match I have ever witnessed

I'm fed up to the back teeth of all these pundits saying the ref made a mistake. Making the same mistake over and over again is classified as madness. They're not mistakes, it's cheating or bottling it or whatever you wanna call it. They're hiding behind the word, mistake!
Saying he cheated means they lose their jobs...self-preservation.

Mate i have so many more to add to that list. Just a few though that still make me chuckle.

Nevin chopped down in the box right in front of me in FA cup tie. Put my arms in the air as i thought yes..we've got a pen. Ref then starts booking Everton players and clearly threatens to send them off 😂😂

Wayne clarke rising at the back post to nod the winner, again right in front of me. Ref chalks it off when he didnt(clarke) touch a soul.

Tony hibberts sending off. Clattenburg points to the spot. Gerrard goes over to clattenburg and whispers in his ear. Clattenburg immediately gets out the red card.

I could just carry on reeling them off.
I Thought Pickford had murdered Lurch. Was shocked to see him on the pitch.

What about the time Hibbert made a tackle outside the box and had the yellow in his hand until Gerrard whispered something in his ear then suddenly it was a red.. Clattenberg with the worst refereeing preformance in history.. the only call he got right was sending off Phil Neville.

After booking Hibbert, Gerrard walked towards Clattenberg to take the free kick and said quietly “He was the last man”. TV cameras and anyone in the lower/upper bullens (like me) picked it up. Clattenberg changed it to a red. They were both asked about it and both admitted he said it and neither cared less because nothing could nor would be done about it. Players still do it today, even ours. Gerrard knew Clattenberg could be influenced. Clubs ‘at the top’ look after certain referees (signed shirts for the family/charity…) and Clattenberg was one of those/theirs.

I mean if it stayed 11 v 11 it wouldnt have made a difference. We had offered nothing up to then

Matches are 90+ minutes. They aren't lost or won after 37minutes with the score at 0.0 and the only team having a shot on target being Everton by that point.

So... having 11 v 11 could've made a difference.

Having 10 vs 10 could've made the difference too with the score still at 0.0 by then. Kliperty had just taken off their left back and would've been left with 1 CB on the pitch...which would've forced him to either take an attacker off for a CB and force a midfielder into left back or take off another midfielder for a defender.

You see how these things change games?

I mean if it stayed 11 v 11 it wouldnt have made a difference. We had offered nothing up to then

They hadnt had a shot on target by then. We'd have possibly still lost as we tend to anyway. But i certainly wasnt waching that game thinking we're getting tonked here like i have on so many other occasions. The only time i did was when we left ourselves open to the counter attack from our corners or set pieces. Which was doing my head in at the time as it wasnt so much about them but more shooting ourselves in the foot.

As in later post I did watch the repeat this morning.

Reckon NZ have the WC! The real final was NZ v Ireland. We threw that away with the terrible first 25 minutes.

Going to be tight next weekend in the final, can't stomach the thought of losing to SA.

Just watching The Weekend Wrap and good to see Chris Foy bollocking Pawson for the non-red card. Not heard a single punter say that Konate should have stayed on the pitch.

For all of what people have said about us and how we played.

Man Citys title is very safe, I see nothing in the RS team to make me think they will be anywhere near them, or even Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.