Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect nothing,be grateful for anything

Got to give our neighbours credit, they are doing pretty well in attack but reckon there is still a weakness ion the back four. Get Niasse on to harass them all game.

Let us be clear it is a hard game coming up to get anything out of it. Will look for Sammy Lee on the touchline shouting!

I don't expect anything, but a decent performance from the players, and organized set up by Sam.

At the moment they are a better team.
still i think a draw, is with in reach.

I dont know how many were registered for the EL but any not planned for a starting role or bench slot should be sent. I hope there's no work done on this game in training too.

We need 100% focus on setting a game plan up to stop Salah and Mane and maybe trying a man marking job on Coutinho.

Allardyce will be working on a way to kill the game/crowd and stop them mate, question more so is - will the players be able to execute it for 90 plus minutes.

An early cock up at the back from them from Lovren or Moreno would do wonders to undermine them and give us a chance like.

Expecting a heavy loss personally, so anything from this game is a plus

Bizarrely btw, having Lee in the coaching sertup in the run up to this game will actually be a huge plus, as can imagine he will be massively pumped for this match and will hopefully lift some of the players who normally don't seem to give a 'f' about the derby.

Allardyce will be working on a way to kill the game/crowd and stop them mate, question more so is - will the p-layers be able to excecute it for 90 plus minutes.

An early cock up at the back from them from Lovren or Moreno would do wonders to undermine them and give us a chance like.

I expect a loss but a narrow one.

It's probably come a few weeks too soon for Allardyce to affect the result positivley.

After the Southampton game I was absolutely convinced I wasn't watching this.

Two wins haven't made me optimistic as, being the same age as you OP, I've seen us roll over for our annual tummy tickle far too many times to let expectation grow. Still, the two wins mean I'll tune in despite a likely bumming.
This. In fact, after the Soton game, I was considering paying a doctor to put me in an induced coma till the middle of August.

A week in football is a long time

I think we have to line up something like this. We have to have 2 holding midfielders against them, and they both have to be defensive minded with legs, so I've gone for Beni, alongside Gana. Playing Rooney in the deep lying playmaker role might also be an option, but I think that's better served against teams with less ability going forward. Niasse will definitely start upfront and chase the many long balls we will be playing out of the back. This is going to be a game where we have almost no possession, so hopefully we can counter attack with Rooney through the middle (if he can somehow avoid playing as a third holding midfielder - which I doubt). I'm not any more optimistic than anyone else about this, but with some stout defending, some luck, and a lot of running maybe we can keep ourselves in this with a shout in the second half. They'll be expecting to tonk us, so the longer it goes the more the crowd will get on them and maybe we can nick 1 or 2.

lineup (11).png

I think we have to line up something like this. We have to have 2 holding midfielders against them, and they both have to be defensive minded with legs, so I've gone for Beni, alongside Gana. Playing Rooney in the deep lying playmaker role might also be an option, but I think that's better served against teams with less ability going forward. Niasse will definitely start upfront and chase the many long balls we will be playing out of the back. This is going to be a game where we have almost no possession, so hopefully we can counter attack with Rooney through the middle (if he can somehow avoid playing as a third holding midfielder - which I doubt). I'm not any more optimistic than anyone else about this, but with some stout defending, some luck, and a lot of running maybe we can keep ourselves in this with a shout in the second half. They'll be expecting to tonk us, so the longer it goes the more the crowd will get on them and maybe we can nick 1 or 2.

View attachment 42644
Doubt he'll start with Niasse. It'll be same again although he might bring Keane back in .

One thing that should happen is that we turn it into a narly arl arse sort of derby mate, we tend to do a lot better in those types of derby day atmosphere
Yep. A sending off apiece early on would do us. Anything to shake up the norm is good for us.

Allardyce will be working on a way to kill the game/crowd and stop them mate, question more so is - will the players be able to execute it for 90 plus minutes.

Bizarrely btw, having Lee in the coaching sertup in the run up to this game will actually be a huge plus, as can imagine he will be massively pumped for this match and will hopefully lift some of the players who normally don't seem to give a 'f' about the derby.

Read that part so wrong.

View attachment 42644

...we played two defensive midfielders at their place last year, JD. The critical tactical decision Koeman got wron was not playing Barry. Mane and Coutinho play ‘between the lines’, Guey and Davies were caught the wrong side when both scored. The ‘between the lines’ space was brilliantly patrolled by Barry (he did it at United a few days later) but amazingly Koeman didn’t select him. It was suicide.

We still don’t have anybody who does that job. It doesn’t require a lot of running around, it requires real discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.