Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never work hard enough in these derbies, we get ran all over. The first 45 of the Goodison Derby last year is what we need to maintain against them for 90 mins. I’d put the onus on them to break us down then go long to tire them out. Their front three don’t work back as they wait to spring the counter so there’s probably something about trying to make a numerical advantage in midfield.

We never work hard enough in these derbies, we get ran all over. The first 45 of the Goodison Derby last year is what we need to maintain against them for 90 mins. I’d put the onus on them to break us down then go long to tire them out. Their front three don’t work back as they wait to spring the counter so there’s probably something about trying to make a numerical advantage in midfield.

I think we will sit very deep and try to ride our luck. Every set piece will be prioritised and genuinely wouldn't surprise me if every time we get a free kick in our half we send a centre back forward and get Pickford to knock it into their box.

I think we will sit very deep and try to ride our luck. Every set piece will be prioritised and genuinely wouldn't surprise me if every time we get a free kick in our half we send a centre back forward and get Pickford to knock it into their box.

People will scoff at it but it makes sense. It’s their biggest weakness. They want you to try and play football against them so they can murder you like they do to Arsenal. Mourinho just shuts up shop against them. Teams that have won there recently tend to play that style of game.

Klopp will start this week what he always does before games trying to tarnish the opposition as long ball in the hope that they’ll try and play on the deck at Anfield and straight into his hands. Hopefully Allardyce is stubborn enough to play the right tactics against him and we get breaks of luck going our way in both boxes.

If nothing else I'd like us to kick fook out of them and proper bully them like Everton did in the 90's. They were terrified of our physical approach back then. We had a comparitively great run of form on this tie, both home and away during that decade. A spineless surrender like the more recent horror-shows is just plain unacceptable.

The 4-nil under Martinez when all the ammassed rats were chanting "OLE" was just taking the piss, I still not forgiven any of the (still here) playing staff for allowing that. An aggressive and fearless performance would be a start, like

GERRIN TO DEM BAS-TEDS, BLOOS

Unfortunately I think this is the game where we come back down to earth. We havent played well enough all year to be consistent enough for 90 in this game.

Perhaps our only hope is playing the wild card of Niasse, who just always seems to be able to pull something unexpected out.

Hate this fixture, hate them. On one hand I hate our negative and defeatist attitude, players and fans alike, but on the other we have all got our hopes up at some point just to be let down so it's hard to be positive.

Just want a good Everton performance. Had enough jokes from the wee soaked trackie wearing kopites at work all season.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up but let's get in their faces and give them an early scare.

Please Everton, surprise us for a change.

I always love the optimism on here before a derby. The amount of times I've said to myself over the years "These are here for the taking" because they've been gash at the time, only to be disappointed (once again) come the final whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.