Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree a bit - if you look at the teams that have beaten Klopp (and Brendan Rodgers fwiw) sides there, that is how you have to play them.
I see you point, but it's a derby. We've had the stuffing kicked out of us so many times, we think it's normal.

They up their game, we fold, but not this time.

Them taking Salah off was the worse decision than not playing Coutinho and Firmino, both were anonymous when they came on and only Salah looked a genuine threat so Klopp did us a massive favour.

Didn't particularly enjoy watching us so deep but it had it's effectiveness, Liverpool were all over us but hardly had a clear chance of goal all game and that's credit to the setup with how free scoring they are. Thought letting Henderson have the ball was a stroke of genuis, never known a worse player to have dictating the ball for a team that has so many attacking options.

Lennon at HT was the exact sub we needed, Rooney doesn't have the legs for that tracking role anymore so getting him central free'd him up to play that beauty to DCL and thought Lennon offered a great outlet while being more defensively sound.

Martina was terrible if we're honest, out of position yes but he just doesn't read danger regardless and needs more backbone in 50/50's. Holgate got the through the game relatively well and Kenny had his good moments.

This game was always going to be a write off in the grand scheme of things so to come away with a point and more growing confidence is the big plus from this game.

tumblr_lzmje0xfGp1rpavuyo1_400.gif
Christ, took me a second to work out what that was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back