Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurgen Klopp, speaking (arguing) with Sky Sports: "Our performance was good. We didn't score often enough. I saw only one team playing. I can't believe the situation with all the challenges. We were clean and didn't make any fouls. There is always one nasty one - Sigurdsson made that. A clear red card. You see the picture of the penalty. Calvert-Lewin is smart but it is nothing. But it is a penalty and one team can celebrate and we can't.

"I don't understand why the ref is doing that [give the penalty]. I didn't use one swear word. Only one team is trying over 95 minutes to win it. The other team are not in our box and didn't have a shot on target bar the penalty."

After a minute of arguing with Sky's interviewer over whether it was a penalty, which included the interviewer saying he thought it was and Klopp laughing...

"Lovren doesn't make a challenge. Calvert-Lewin makes a step.The hand is on the back. If you think it is a penalty say so. Does my opinion change anything?

"I only want to speak to people with a little bit of understanding about football. I am sorry, I am wrong and you are right. Obviously I am not in the mood to answer questions."

On taking Mohamed Salah off: "That is my job. I make decisions that I think are right. It is your job to say afterwards if it is right. We lived more or less in their box. We could have scored earlier. I have to live with that."

Top cryassing

up to now in this mess of a season there's not much the owner could do bar changing the manager, we have somehow managed to get near new year with a have half decent league position. January is the board chance to get this team the players they need for us not have to go through games being as poor as we were today, we stole a point that's Sams way but I'm expect a lot better next year.

Nice to get a draw that actually feels like a win. Would have definitely taken a 1 -1 draw before kick off. We were very poor for most of the game but somehow managed to frustrate and restrict Liverpool to just 3 shots on target which is quite amazing considering their 79% possession and that they have scored 15 goals in their last 3 matches. Klopp made some baffling decisions too in this but got to give our new management team credit for this one again. Would have probably been about 6 nil or more prior to Allardyce taking over.

Onwards and upwards we go....hopefully. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back