Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the forecast for John Lennon airport.

TAF EGGP 091053Z 0912/1012 28006KT 9999 SCT025
TEMPO 0912/1012 5000 SHRASN BKN009 BKN020CB
PROB30
TEMPO 0912/0923 1000 SHSN BKN004
BECMG 1002/1005 13012KT
TEMPO 1005/1012 14016G26KT 2000 SN
PROB30
TEMPO 1006/1012 0400 +SN BKN001

Which basically says that from now until just before the game you can expect freezing winds from the south east, visibility down to about 2000 metres in showers of rain and snow and a very low cloud base. Also a probability of the visibility dropping further to 400 metres in heavy showers of snow and rain.

Liverpool fans may have to fly in to Manchester to get to the game. Everton fans will need a warm coat.

If McCarthy has trained this week I’d start him.

He’d be really good for us tomorrow with his energy in the middle.

Keane over Jagielka, maybe a back 5 with Holgate in there and obviously Martina continuing at left back. Get Kenny and him man-marking their wide men, and look to Gueye to try and control Coutinho. Don't sit too deep but keep the defenders under instruction not to stray out of position like what happened when we played Palace with Baines wasting a free kick then being nowhere to be seen as they attacked down the left.

Gueye doing his thing then ahead of him Rooney and Davies for a bit of creativity. Sigurdsson given a free role and DCL up top. See how it works, can we stifle them and still cause them problems in defence? Too defensively by us and we go a goal down and look like conceding again? Lennon, Lookman, Niasse, Vlasic on the bench as attacking options, Schneiderlin to sure up midfield or add an extra body there, and Jagielka rang Robles taking up the other two positions.
That's exactly how id set up. Have to pack the midfield and keep Sig on for set pieces. They played Wijaldum and Can at CB last week, keep it at 0-0 at half time and we can win.

I expect we will get beat, I would be happy if we get a point, I might buy an additional round of drinks if we win.......

Status
Not open for further replies.