Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have 12 wins at Anfield since the prem started out of 25 fixtures. Add in the FA cup tie at their place that is 12 wins out of 26.

More than half the time we go there they don’t win.

Sure as night follows day though...

I really dont know what gets into some people. That just shows we should welcome our opportunity to lay a glove on that lot.

I'm delighted there's at least three derbies instead of two.

They wont take all three. And we'll get something from at least one.

The last few seasons have beaten me down with this fixture.

We haven't won there since 1999 which is an appalling record.
It is, but they won half of them. The other half, obviously, they didn't.

Even at Anfield it's not exactly 'as night follows day' is it?

It is, but they won half of them. The other half, obviously, they didn't.

Even at Anfield it's not exactly 'as night follows day' is it?

Since season 2001, both home and away, they have won 20, we have won 3 in the league with 12 draws

Dress it up with way back historical facts by all means, but over the last 17 years its grim.

That said shocks happen, so lets hope for a shock.

The "night follows day" stuff, I was being whimsical, let it go. It's like debating with a jilted ex.

Since season 2001, both home and away, they have won 20, we have won 3 in the league with 12 draws

Dress it up with way back historical facts by all means, but over the last 17 years its grim.

That said shocks happen, so lets hope for a shock.

The "night follows day" stuff, I was being whimsical, let it go. It's like debating with a jilted ex.

We’re not playing this game at Goodison though are we?

I really dont know what gets into some people. That just shows we should welcome our opportunity to lay a glove on that lot.

I'm delighted there's at least three derbies instead of two.

They wont take all three
. And we'll get something from at least one.

Just had a vietnam stlye flash back to 2011/12

I strongly suspect that BFS has a plan to a. not lose the game and b. steal the 3 points and c. put one over that gurning German fool and rub his nose in.

Just a suspicion mind. Liverpool are a good team, but they're not some invincible outfit. We already played the 'invincibles' in waiting, City, and we didn't lose that. Remove the fear. Keep it tight and if opportunity arises, go at them.

I also suspect that all the headlines are going to come from this game on Sunday, not the Manc derby, and not for many positive reasons.

C'mon you blues!

As if the "Fantastic Four" (c. S. McManaman, fapping into his kleenex on Wednesday) needed any help.. along comes Mr C Pawson, he of the hapless School of Ineptitude. (Craig - please don't become a member of The Clive Thomas Academy of REDCARDS - Referees: Everton's Derby Chances Are Removed - Dubious Situations.

Other than than.. Which team will be first to 10 without reply (Liverpool 2 at Brighton, 7 midweek; Everton 4,2 and 3 without reply).. Maybe on that note it'll be 0-0 after all.. (clutches at straws)

Possibly but I can't see Lewin doing any better. Think about how he played against Southampton and amplify it.

Can we afford to get Lookman on as a winger? Just need to give them something to think about.

Southampton's defence is better than Liverpool's so I'm expecting DCL to get/create a few chances on Sunday. Lookman would get embarrassing upfront with the amount of long balls were due to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.