Lookman loan to RB Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a weird one.

Fair play to him that he wants to test himself, and - while I don't agree with Sam calling him stubborn - Sam also said that he hopes he comes back here after a sucessful spell.

What I can say is that after seeing how well Sancho is doing at Dortmund, then if Lookman manages to get the game time, he'll be a real hit.

Great move if he can get a game for them. Could really be the making of him.

Hopefully he comes back in the summer and we’ve got a proper manager. Be absolutely pointless him trying to break into this side.

Not sure what’s up with Allardyce explicitly stating he’s not available for loan then loaning him out the next day.

Have to agree with Sam. Ady has a lot of raw talent but apart from the cameo at Anfield and the dead rubber in Greece he's actually been quiet poor when played which is why three managers rarely played him.
He doesn't yet seem ready for the Prem so the German top flight seems a strange choice. For game time and development an attacking Championship club would surely have been the wisest choice is what I think Sam was saying and I agree.
Have to admire Ady's self confidence though. Hope he proves it's well founded and comes back a top league regular starter.

Good move if he gets enough game time, but he’s not good enough for RBL either. I cant see why they would gamble with points to develop our player.

Probably no better league for an U23 player to be in. Sancho is doing well there. Oxford was starting to get pitch time before West Ham called him back. Egbo starting to get in the Gladbach squad. I think we'll see more English youngsters start to head over there. If Lookman pushed for this then fair play to him. Shame we let him go though. BFS and Walsh can get to fook.

Status
Not open for further replies.