Lookman loan to RB Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be controversial here and say that I think it's a good decision.

With Walcott and Bolasie, he isn't getting in the squad and Vlasic is sufficient back-up for the rest of this season. There are a few others who can play the WF role too, realistically.

It's important that Lookman gets some game time and develops his game. He's not gonna do that sat on the bench for us every match.

He's exciting whenever he comes on for us, but having watched him at Goodison this season, I feel like he's nowhere near the level required to start a premier league game yet. Hopefully he will be in the future, but not yet.

Gonna be controversial here and say that I think it's a good decision.

With Walcott and Bolasie, he isn't getting in the squad and Vlasic is sufficient back-up for the rest of this season. There are a few others who can play the WF role too, realistically.

It's important that Lookman gets some game time and develops his game. He's not gonna do that sat on the bench for us every match.

He's exciting whenever he comes on for us, but having watched him at Goodison this season, I feel like he's nowhere near the level required to start a premier league game yet. Hopefully he will be in the future, but not yet.
Not a regular starter I agree. But he should be starting against teams that come to Goodison and park the bus, and coming off the bench in other games where we need a plan B. He can be a game changer and we don't have many/any others.

I disagree re wing cover too. Bolasie isn't match ready yet and we're only another injury away from being stretched in that dept. We can continue to play Siggy out there mind you, but that is totally ineffective unless he has a full back like Baines to interchange with. Playing him in front of Martina is a waste of time (last nights game excepted of course but don't expect that again any time soon)

How are Leipzig looking is he likely to get much game time?

I can see why he was allowed to leave, with the arrival of L Walcott, return of Bolasie and the breakdown of Klassens loan, club must of thought it could be justified, just hope he gets enough game time, think a loan to a Championship sidetrying to make the playoffs etc playing more regularly could of done him well though, all depends on how much he'll feature over there.

Can't understand the thinking of some though, Sandro goes to Spain and there is some giving out that he should have stayed in England and gotten game time to bring him up to speed, yet AL goes to Germany and very few want him to stay in England and get playing time, I think Derby etc would have been better for him than RB but time will tell, He could be a stubborn brat or have his head screwed on correctly, lets hope it's the latter and he comes back a better player for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.