2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therefore Digne should be easier to sell.

Another win for chris

To easy now Dave
He’s staggering around the forum like the old nuisance drunk in the pub, throwing stupid comments in and generally getting on everybody’s tits.

As if we should ever take Barkley back! Digne will go for a fee hopefully and pay for the incoming replacement.

He has to go regardless due to our finances. Italian club's can't afford him straight away so it would be drawn out similar to the Kean deal.

Chelsea won't be arsed if they don't get him IMO so the deal will have to suit them than us.

Contract Dave will have his work cut out negotiating that lol
I don’t understand the Chelsea links. They still have Alonso and Chillwell will be back at some point. If he stays in England, weirdly the only place that makes sense to me is City.

Why the hell would we want to loan him out.

I can just about get my head around selling him for a profit and bringing a younger cheaper player in his position but a loan makes no sense unless it is to Benitez's ego.
Tbf it wouldn’t surprise me if no one wanted to buy him at least not at the figures being quoted

I don’t understand the Chelsea links. They still have Alonso and Chillwell will be back at some point. If he stays in England, weirdly the only place that makes sense to me is City.

Bit of unrest over Alonso. He seemed to have started well, the bombed. Tuchel has rinsed him a few times. Fans don't like him either.

The idea would be they'd be looking to upgrade on him/have senior 2 left backs. Hence why I think they'd want just a loan.

Suspect he will want Chelsea with Chilwell sidelined for the season. That is bad for us as Chelsea will want a loan. I think only the barcodes would pay a fee. A swap with Barkley would be very poor from us. No confidence in us getting a good deal
Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea offered a swap of Digne for Chillwell and we agreed. This would be conditional, of course, on our medics not touching Chillwell.

Don't know if this has already been posted. But looking at 3.5 mil loan fee, 30 mil full asking price.

how could anyone else post it when you've just made it up?

Its a half decent educated guess i think.

Digne has about £7mil book value...if we loaned him for a full season we could have a 'free' player in terms of FFP payments....half a season £3.5mil.

Digne is a better left back than Chelsea's players...he's a top class player who improves most other teams.

Why the hell would we want to loan him out.

I can just about get my head around selling him for a profit and bringing a younger cheaper player in his position but a loan makes no sense unless it is to Benitez's ego.

Only logic is to use a loan payment to sign someone...£3.5mil in could mean £17.5mil out this window.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea offered a swap of Digne for Chillwell and we agreed. This would be conditional, of course, on our medics not touching Chillwell.

Apart from their 'big money, big salary, stars' theres not many I'd want in a swap deal.

Imagine if we could swap Digne for Lamptey and Livramento today...

That Chalobah is one i mentioned as highly rated 2-3 years ago...if we do a deal with Chelsea we should ask for one or two youth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.