2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falling out with players is, I think, exactly what the board were looking for in adding RB. A manager who will rock the boat and oversee a big change at the club. How many years have fans said there are bad eggs in the dressing room? How many different managers have these players folded for? Maybe they reached the conclusion that uniting these players is not possible and they need to sell some of the big personalities undermining managers (assuming Digne is one).

Young players are more receptive to instruction. RB has brought in three young players in Gray, Patterson and Mykolenko who will form the core of a new group in the dressing room. As well as adding experienced players he knows and trusts in Rondon and Townsend.

Wish him well but not really sad to see him go. We got a good deal. I'd expect Coleman, Mina, Richarlison, Allan, Gylfi, Iwobi, Holgate and any other dissenting voices to follow him soon.
The club needs unity and stability. You do not, and never will, get either of those things with Benitez.

I don't mind selling a 28yo to get a 22yo in and most of another full-back too. It's how it's happened, the manner it's happened. We may have been scouting Mykolenko but I doubt the intention was ever to get him in midway through the season as first choice. And we've basically done that because this manager can't help falling out with players, whether that's on him or the players simply not liking how he works.

And the Digne incident isn't Digne being lazy. He was doing just what fans are doing - calling Benitez out for his dreadful tactics. And look, Benitez was in his right to call Digne out for defending badly.

But Benitez would have much more leeway to do all this self-sabotage of the squad if his method was bringing results. But it's not. We're 15th, the footy is as bad as I've seen us play, and we've won two games since October.

Coleman isn't a dissenting voice so I've got no clue where you've got that from. GS isn't part of the squad for reasons we're all aware of and will leave in the summer anyway.

Benitez needs to go.

It has been handled very poorly but the fact is that with the exception of the beginning of last season, expansive play has been on the cards since the end of 2019 and Digne hasn't had the same impact on the squad for 18 months. Lovely guy and a very good player but arguably we have done the correct thing in selling a player on big money who we would struggle to shift in a year. Good business but handled terribly.

The thread will soon pass into oblivion as he's not an Everton player anymore.

But let no one re-write this: Lucas Digne REFUSED to play for Everton when requested - when we were desperate for players on the pitch for Stamford Bridge. Others had to go down there and fight for their lives while that player sat in his living room watching a box set.

He and his agent have engineered moves in the past - at Barcleona and PSG. This was all just par for the course for him.

Utterly delighted he's gone and that we got a good price for him.
Digne refused to play against Chelsea. Where did you hear that?

Chelsea are a far bigger club than us. They are European Champions. I don't get your point.

Bill Gates has more money than the Queen - does that mean he's more important? Absolute nonsense. Tell me how important Lukaku is in 3 years when he's 21 stone playing for anderlecht

As soon as a player acts as an individual within a team then the team is no more - you dont win games of football with one man.

Never underestimate the importance of Everton, fans like you are the reason why players think they can get away with this stuff.

Lucas babyfacing himself something fierce in that

I think one day we'll get the full skinny on this

No doubt Benitez has to carry the can for a lot of it but I'm guessing Digne has hardly been an innocent victim in this either

If we had a more popular manager, Digne would undoubtedly be getting more stick on here. If Iwobi was the one to speak up he’d get stick for stirring up the dressing room, because he’s crap so nobody cares if we lose him.

Disagreements doubtless happen at every club. Agendas on both sides and the fact this is the Internet means that so many feel like they have to be 100% one way or the other.

The lad didn’t fancy it here - irrespective of the reason we wouldn’t have seen the best of him, likely ever again - and we got a good fee for him.

Good luck to him. I’m ready to embrace the Mickey Lenko era. He’s the next great blue LB in line, I can feel it in me old bones.

I mean a very small percentage.
Maybe it is, they're usually all the same - in their 40s, believe the glory days of the 80s were built on nothing but running around, that football is still like it is in the 80s, and that Everton need 'unity and stability' but trust a man who will never unite the fanbase and thrives on instability to bring it.

Bill Gates has more money than the Queen - does that mean he's more important? Absolute nonsense. Tell me how important Lukaku is in 3 years when he's 21 stone playing for anderlecht

As soon as a player acts as an individual within a team then the team is no more - you dont win games of football with one man.

Never underestimate the importance of Everton, fans like you are the reason why players think they can get away with this stuff.

I have no idea what you are on about. And now that you've blamed me for our poor players, I think I'll leave this discussion here lol

So, the saga ends...

With Digne firing one final, absolute peach of a shot at the.....

I am done with this..... I am done with the manager... I am done with having opinions about the club... I am becoming numb to the everything that's going on.

I am just gonna look up the match reports, say "Yay" if we win, shrug my shoulders if we draw, stare into blank space if we lose...

I refuse to engage with people who seem to be happy with the "Mad King"-wannabe in the dugout.

No more.... Till we get someone else in the manager's chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.