2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another high earning underachiever out the club.

Its funny the likes of him and Bernard sending each other tweets when these players where the ones taking over 100k a week out the club while we regularly finished mid table.

Stop making out these frauds will be buying season tickets in the Paddock when they finish up playing.

If these parasites showed half the passion of a Gordon we'd have no problems at all.

Amen. Shame people can’t, or refuse, to see this.

Imagine backing any of this squad after what they’ve served up over the last few seasons.

Another high earning underachiever out the club.

Its funny the likes of him and Bernard sending each other tweets when these players where the ones taking over 100k a week out the club while we regularly finished mid table.

Stop making out these frauds will be buying season tickets in the Paddock when they finish up playing.

If these parasites showed half the passion of a Gordon we'd have no problems at all.

I'll say it again, there have been players putting in significantly worse performances than Digne on a consistent basis. The manager chose to make an example of him.

It amazes me how quickly the opinion changes on this forum from week to week.
You can go from top player to bang average in a couple of weeks, then back to top class after another a couple of games.
We are without doubt the most fickle fans I’ve known, and especially on the player threads on here.
It’ll only take one half decent cross from Mykolenko for people to say he’s better than Digne ever was.

Yeah but has France got a lot of competition for that spot?
Unsworth wasnt good enough for England but he gave Everton 100%, something Lucas didnt.
Lucas Hernadez, one of best lbs in world. Can play cb tbf tho. Mendy (the r. Madrid one), suppose you cud include the city one till this year (think he's French)
Toffee lover - Rhino was, and one of my favourite players, I always thought Ablett was cb but he got mentioned as being better than Digne just above.

Agreed. Best, great, iconic etc are all thrown around too quickly.
Digne is not even close to being considered one of Everton's best left backs.
The only people who would think that probs only know about him and Baines.

Baines, Wilson, big pat, bailey, even unsworth, and Ablett were better than Digne.
Sure Digne had a decent little spell. But to even mention him in discussions about best is just nonsense.
Just checking but if anyone that thinks Digne is good has "probs" only seen him and Baines then if anyone that calls "Psycho Pat" big pat has probably never seen him play, if thats who you are talking about.

People seem to be forgetting just how good this lad was for us, his downturn in form has largely coincided with the arrival of Benitez.

While I think it is a good sale on our part, due to him being on the downfall in terms of value, I think he should be remembered as being the player that made it almost unnoticeable that Baines had retired. He deserved a decent send off, a thank you at least. This does feel like a Benitez flexing his muscles move, hopefully it works out with the new kid he has brought in.

I think there’s a lot of players we’d like to love our but can’t as no one would take them.

Surely Benitez would have Davies Iwobi Tosun Siggurdson out the door immediately just as a start if he could

Well they are the players who need to go, not the better ones. We are just going to get downgrades in every position under the Benitez masterplan. We will go down inside the next 3 years unless there are big changes.

Amen. Shame people can’t, or refuse, to see this.

Imagine backing any of this squad after what they’ve served up over the last few seasons.
Bernard proves what a rodent he is. Was more than happy to trouser massive wages whilst with us for doing very little of note. The deification of Digne is puzzling, he uses phrases such as 'love affair' in his eloquent (PR team written) message but was certainly no legend in my book. Many more, less fashionable but loyal and solid players, are ahead of him in the queue for that accolade

Status
Not open for further replies.