• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Transfer Rumour Luis Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no problem...better no gift them james...if they want james they can pay his full wages and loan fee or transfer fee...
Hmm. Well, I have been saying on here several times that I want to keep James and I am annoyed with the way that Benitez appears to have done that thing of storming in and making an example of him. However, Diaz is utter class. We need a player like him and are not often linked with players like him. We need to make this deal happen.

I strongly suspect, the way the club has conducted itself, that if we don't shift James' wages (or the bulk of them) then we won't see a single transfer beyond loans or frees.

Wouldn’t make sense him playing if a deal was close. Surely if Porto needed the money then it’s a gamble playing the lad.

Raphinha played for Rennes last year, set up a goal (or scored, can't remember which), then literally went straight to the airport to fly to Leeds.

I'm not saying this is what's happening here, because Everton don't do things quickly, but talks will be continuing I'm sure.

Raphinha played for Rennes last year, set up a goal (or scored, can't remember which), then literally went straight to the airport to fly to Leeds.

I'm not saying this is what's happening here, because Everton don't do things quickly, but talks will be continuing I'm sure.
Really hope you are right mate. First name we've been linked with this summer that's got me seriously enthusiastic - I really like Cunha and Anguissa, but they aren't in the same league as this lad.

What reports are these? Got a credible link?
I honestly can't comment on that mate. If you look on the internet/Twitter a few Portuguese journalists have made this claim following the O Jogo article about Porto wanting more money and not wanting James.

I can't comment on their reliability as I don't know who they are or what their track record is.

I honestly can't comment on that mate. If you look on the internet/Twitter a few Portuguese journalists have made this claim following the O Jogo article about Porto wanting more money and not wanting James.

I can't comment on their reliability as I don't know who they are or what their track record is.
Fair enough. All credible sources I've seen haven't mentioned anything about that.

Not sure about that mate...Cunha is very good.
Totally agree. But I think that Diaz is better and (if we can only bring in one attacker) more suited to what we need.

Just look at what having a pacey, direct dribbler from wide, who likes to shoot, like Gray has made to our team. And Gray is just a good player who has never lived up to his potential.

Love Cunha, but just think Diaz would be different gravy for us. Of course, if we hadn't spaffed huge sums on the Iwobis, Walcotts and Tosuns of this world, we could have made a concerted effort to have both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back