• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Transfer Rumour Luis Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

We get it.

100% of the singings we’ve ever made had their own thread on here btw

….don’t pee on my cornflakes, this is my area of expertise, this is my life study. i have done detailed analysis of this & we shouldn’t open a thread until we’ve got a player on Moshiri’s jet.

Everton confident and talks progressing yesterday as per Romano, one of the very few people in the know. He also stated that Everton were Diaz’s priority.

Doubt that that has changed much since then, unless they’ve moved the goalposts. Obviously there’s still a bit to do seeing as he played today.
Ultimately if he wants it, it probably will happen if we can satisfy their price. It sounds like it's all haggling and usual nonsense briefing from their side...

Weird that all our club mouthpieces came out with this one. Confirms my opinion though that Portuguese clubs are horrendous to deal with. I bet they keep moving the goal posts. With all the players we’ve been linked with from over there in the last 15years I don’t we’ve ever got one over the line.

With 3 days to go, I would say this is looking near impossible to do.
Don't think you can generalise Portuguese clubs mate. I think we, whether we have had money or not, whether the negotiations have been handled by Blue Bill, Walsh or Brands, have a track record of being fairly poor at negotiating anything but the most straightforward of deals. We often only get our men due to the selling club not wanting them or us overpaying horrendously.

In fact, the only really complicated deal I can recall Everton pulling off was was one to actually bring James here last summer.

Weird that all our club mouthpieces came out with this one. Confirms my opinion though that Portuguese clubs are horrendous to deal with. I bet they keep moving the goal posts. With all the players we’ve been linked with from over there in the last 15years I don’t we’ve ever got one over the line.

With 3 days to go, I would say this is looking near impossible to do.

They are notorious for being terrible to deal with and well known for their last minute changing of the goal posts.

I recall us having a last minute deal with a Portuguese team a few seasons ago and it felm through because they just kept on changing the goal posts.

Just look at the bruno fernandes deal

Sounds as if we may be sounding out Sassoulo for Boga as a 2nd option. Diaz the better player, but Sassoulo undoubtedly easier to deal with. Boga talented but very erratic.

(wish we were talking to them about Berardi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back