Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's quick, eager to get in the box and can finish, but for a team chasing CL football, too much of a risk. Need someone who's either doing it in a good european league (Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A) or proven already in the Prem.
Yeah I think we need to just spend the money necessary to get a proven goalscorer in, whether its January or the Summer. We should have at least £10m or so left over from the summer, and our wage bill has shrank a fair bit the last few seasons. If Bill shuts his eyes and clenches really hard I'm sure he can get another £5m or so for Roberto before sales.

You can get good players for that kind of money, and we should just do it. We're sorted everywhere else.

Demba Ba could be the boy you know. I reckon we could get him pretty easily too.

I am going to leave all these ponderings to RM. There is a lot that can go wrong in picking non PL experienced strikers. Look at Spurs 26 million (!!!) **** up with Soldado

Both Lukaku and Martinez have mentioned the possibility of him staying if we get CL football.

Currently at Chelsea it's Torres 7 (4): 1 goal, Eto'o 5 (4): 2 goals and Ba 2 (5): 1 goal in the league. I think that Torres is Abramovich's choice and Eto'o is Mourinho's choice. They might sell Ba and bring Lukaku back. They might even start the season with him leading the line. He's not scored for them in 10 appearances though and I think that he might find the going as tough as his striking colleagues. They don't play with width and the midfielders are out for goals for themselves, plus their build up is very slow.

Whatever the 'real reasons' for him asking for a loan were, it seems that he's disappointed that Chelsea don't appear to be monitoring his progress. If he decides that he needs regular football and Mourinho isn't able to offer him that guarantee we might have a chance. I have a feeling though that he'll go back there and maybe after a month it will become clear that it's not working or he'll start like a whirlwind but then fade and be replaced.

I think he'd appreciate that we'd have more patience with him if he went through a lean spell. I could see him here eventually but I think he needs to realise that it's not going to happen for him at Stamford Bridge first.

Would love him here. Sadly it's very unlikely. Then again everton have done nothing but pleasantly surprise me this season then who knows.

Just think if we got top 4 this year and finished ahead of Chelsea there's no chance Jose would let Luaku go because he knows without him/a top striker we'll be nowhere near them the next year.

0% of that happening.

Kevin Volland is a big shout! Reckon he could do the deal for us. German, 21 and can play Central or on the right. Probably worth around 12 Mil in the current market. I think he has got 6 Goals in 14 with 4 assists atm in the Bundesliga but that's from out on the right as far as im aware. looks like he could turn into a world class poacher and a permanent First team International. On the other hand I'm pretty sure that if we keep up the good work and finish above Manure then a certain Scouse striker will end up on our books for a free.

[video=youtube;WD2ClfH4FbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2ClfH4FbY[/video]

Dzeko is a pipe dream... no chance we'd get him as I imagine there'd be a host of big clubs chasing him. Great player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back