Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
fe49c43f849c0c0cc9863abe5c6c1d1d.png

[Poor language removed] me... this is one big massive merry-go-round of no one having a clue what is going on...

The sad thing is, given the choice I reckon he'd choose to go back to West Brom personally. Grim.

I just don't see the value in spending 3 million for a loan when you're skint as we are. Apparently Chelsea also wanted 3 million to loan Ba to Arsenal and Arsenal refused to pay it so the deal collapsed.

so we lose Anichebe permanently and virtually spend the money to borrow another striker for just a year?

Poor business move for me.

I'm not sure exactly how these loan fees work. £3m works out at £83k per week over 9 months. According to Google he's earning £2.4m per year at Chelsea. I don't know whether the loan fee includes his wages, which wouldn't be too bad, or whether we'll have to pay a proportion of his wages on top.

Because we don't know the deal we don't know whether it's good value or not. He scored 17 goals in 35 games for West Brom last season though compared to 6 in 26 for Vic.

If Lukaku wants to go to WBA, and Anichebe returns to Everton after failing to agree terms, we could be left with just Fellaini leaving and McCarthy coming in. SSN are also saying Lukaku prefers WBA over Everton. Though reports are saying Chelsea only want to send him to Everton.

3 million for a loan? Does anyone else think that's just a waste? I'd rather put that 3 million towards a signing that will be here for more than 9 months.

Couldn't disagree more. A top Premiership striker is the biggest missing link in our team. If he can get us an extra ten goals over the course of the season, that is absolute golddust, it would pay back the £3m with interest from league placings alone.

I just don't see the value in spending 3 million for a loan when you're skint as we are. Apparently Chelsea also wanted 3 million to loan Ba to Arsenal and Arsenal refused to pay it so the deal collapsed.

so we lose Anichebe permanently and virtually spend the money to borrow another striker for just a year?

Poor business move for me.

This, absolutely spot on. It makes no sense whatsoever, Anichebe is actually a very decent player, and why spend the fee we get from him on a player for ONE YEAR. Dire business from a club as skint as us.

WBA in for Lukaku now.... Dave Whelan just been on Radio 5 live said MCarthy may not go through as Everton not matched the price as yet said we wanted to pay it over 4 years too.

McNulty is full of crap. Always is. They just make stuff up for 12 hours then a final hour of truth.

I wouldn't be suprised if we actually ended up with demba Ba not lakaku.

Hope we **** Mcarthy off rather than be held to ransom off DW and Wigan.

I wouldn't be suprised if we actually ended up with demba Ba not lakaku.

Hope we **** Mcarthy off rather than be held to ransom off DW and Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back