Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, McAleny could be given a chance and just hit form and start banging them in.

Still rather we got a decent centre forward in though.

I'd love Austin, shame we can't cough up the money required.

austin is not as good as people think he is. He is good but not worth 15 million to a team like us.

but more to the point it is simply asking the question, if lukaku is injured, who scored the goals? If the manager genuinely thinks kone/naismith/Mcaleny is the answer then he needs to show that sooner rather than later. Otherwise we cant win games without goals

I'm amazed really that Austin hasn't signed for anybody else yet. 15m is it? In today's market that is more than reasonable

It's definitely reasonable, problem is we need 2 other players on top of him.

He'll do well for someone next season anyway.

austin is not as good as people think he is. He is good but not worth 15 million to a team like us.

but more to the point it is simply asking the question, if lukaku is injured, who scored the goals? If the manager genuinely thinks kone/naismith/Mcaleny is the answer then he needs to show that sooner rather than later. Otherwise we cant win games without goals

Not saying he's anything special but he bags for fun, he's just a goalscorer, I prefer him to Ings anyway and that's not just because he plays for that lot lol

Not saying he's anything special but he bags for fun, he's just a goalscorer, I prefer him to Ings anyway and that's not just because he plays for that lot lol
well he needs to prove himself in my eyes. Yeah a good scorer but away from that he didnt impress me, and considering he needs to up himself in more than one area to play at the upper levels he needs to go to a team that will give him the chance to play. We cant do that, newcastle can.

Re : Austin

Some badly average strikers have had a good season in the Premier League before. I wouldn't be surprised if Austin was another of those.

i know people think Gibson is a crock but he's absolute quality when he's not injured. Think they are trying to get him match fit for the beginning of the season, right?
This is the issue. If he can stay fit, there's a place for him in the team. Otherwise he just takes up wages and medical resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back