Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Stones for 40 million, buy pure flake from Peru. Bring it back in the UK and bash it up a bit and we can expect a return in the region of 150 million, rinse and repeat and we will have a new stadium with top class players plus the people of the UK have top class beak.

Plus, when we get into the champions league we can fill the couch for the kits and equipment full of beak and distribute into mainland Europe.

Got this image of unlegit suntan Bob and our contract guy trying to look inconspicuous at customs now whilst BK is off his tits

Someone on twitter saying out for 6-8 weeks, no idea if he is legit.
KBNcZ.gif

but he doesn't? his goal to minute ratio has been worse than lukaku's every single year expect for last season when it was equal.
he also assist far less, only one season has he out done lukaku by one assist and that was the year he played double the minutes.
they're such similar players i don't see anything else he offer on field that lukaku doesnt? maybe a better first touch but if it doesn't lead to more goals for him or anyone else on the team i don't see how it makes him a better striker
He's a far superior footballer, who is actually capable of trapping a ball and linking up play.

Lukaku's goals per minute ratio was fantastic in 2012/13 (third in the division), when he was used predominantly as an impact sub at West Brom. I actually think he'd be great in that role if he was willing to accept it (much like Hernandez, who was top that year), but I doubt he ever will. Benteke still outscored him 19-17.

Once Lukaku started playing more it levelled off, to the point where last season his league output was woeful. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he outscores Benteke next season.

I usually agree with your opinions, Carlito, but I don't think you give Lukaku much credit. He's easily one of our best players. Despite struggling a bit in the league last season, just like the rest of our team did, he still scored 20 goals including the cups. He's also 22 years old and his only backup is Arouna Kone.

None of this isn't to say Benteke isn't a good player too.

He's a far superior footballer, who is actually capable of trapping a ball and linking up play.

'Far superior footballer' based on what? He doesn't score more goals or assists more. Lukaku does so surely he is the better striker.

If Benteke is much better at trapping a ball and linking up play (I don't think the difference is that big) but it doesn't lead to more goals then I don't see how he is a far superior footballer or at least not a superior striker.

Lukaku's goals per minute ratio was fantastic in 2012/13 (third in the division), when he was used predominantly as an impact sub at West Brom. Benteke still outscored him 19-17.

Benteke outscored him but you are ignoring that he also played 800 minutes more. If you calculate the goals per minute ratio Lukaku was better.

Benteke: 2819 mins / 19 goals = 148 mins/goal
Lukaku: 2004 mins / 17 goals = 118 mins/goal

As I’ve already said Lukaku has been better every single year expect for last season when they were equal.

09/10:
benteke 186 mins/goal
lukaku 141 mins/goal

10/11:
benteke 251 mins/goal
lukaku 188 mins/goal

12/13:
benteke 148 mins/goal
lukaku 132 mins/goal

13/14:
benteke 207 mins/goal
lukaku 175 mins/goal

14/15:
benteke 188 mins/goal
lukaku 187 mins/goal

International:
benteke 219 mins/goal
lukaku 174 mins/goal

If for some reason you want to ignore Europe and the Cups, Lukaku has still been better every year bar last year.

09/10:
benteke 188 mins/goal
lukaku 97 mins/goal

10/11:
benteke 334 mins/goal
lukaku 183 mins/goal

12/13:
benteke 148 mins/goal
lukaku 118 mins/goal

13/14:
benteke 213 mins/goal
lukaku 173 mins/goal

14/15:
benteke 183 mins/goal
lukaku 287 mins/goal

And that’s not including the assists where lukaku has been superior pretty much every year.

Once Lukaku started playing more it levelled off, to the point where last season his league output was woeful.

He scored 15 goals in 13/14 that’s really not bad (better than benteke too).

Last season he obviously didn't play great in the league but that wasn't all his fault, the whole team played bad and he was playing with his back to goal and barely got any service. He also played very well in Europe and the Cup.

Also Benteke didn't look very impressive until February either, scoring only 2 goals in the first 1412 minutes and only seemed to improve when Sherwood started playing to his strength. Same way Lukaku immediately looks better when we play that way.

I actually think he'd be great in that role if he was willing to accept it (much like Hernandez, who was top that year)

Maybe that would be his best role (or at least give him the highest mins/goal ratio) but he’s still good enough to be our main striker. I’m not sure who you would want instead that’s better and would come here.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he outscores Benteke next season.

If they both get utilised the same way I expect Lukaku to outscore Benteke, same way he has done 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

'Far superior footballer' based on what? He doesn't score more goals or assists more. Lukaku does so surely he is the better striker.

If Benteke is much better at trapping a ball and linking up play (I don't think the difference is that big) but it doesn't lead to more goals then I don't see how he is a far superior footballer or at least not a superior striker.

Benteke outscored him but you are ignoring that he also played 800 minutes more. If you calculate the goals per minute ratio Lukaku was better.

Benteke: 2819 mins / 19 goals = 148 mins/goal
Lukaku: 2004 mins / 17 goals = 118 mins/goal

As I’ve already said Lukaku has been better every single year expect for last season when they were equal.

09/10:
benteke 186 mins/goal
lukaku 141 mins/goal

10/11:
benteke 251 mins/goal
lukaku 188 mins/goal

12/13:
benteke 148 mins/goal
lukaku 132 mins/goal

13/14:
benteke 207 mins/goal
lukaku 175 mins/goal

14/15:
benteke 188 mins/goal
lukaku 187 mins/goal

International:
benteke 219 mins/goal
lukaku 174 mins/goal

If for some reason you want to ignore Europe and the Cups, Lukaku has still been better every year bar last year.

09/10:
benteke 188 mins/goal
lukaku 97 mins/goal

10/11:
benteke 334 mins/goal
lukaku 183 mins/goal

12/13:
benteke 148 mins/goal
lukaku 118 mins/goal

13/14:
benteke 213 mins/goal
lukaku 173 mins/goal

14/15:
benteke 183 mins/goal
lukaku 287 mins/goal

And that’s not including the assists where lukaku has been superior pretty much every year.

He scored 15 goals in 13/14 that’s really not bad (better than benteke too).

Last season he obviously didn't play great in the league but that wasn't all his fault, the whole team played bad and he was playing with his back to goal and barely got any service. He also played very well in Europe and the Cup.

Also Benteke didn't look very impressive until February either, scoring only 2 goals in the first 1412 minutes and only seemed to improve when Sherwood started playing to his strength. Same way Lukaku immediately looks better when we play that way.

Maybe that would be his best role (or at least give him the highest mins/goal ratio) but he’s still good enough to be our main striker. I’m not sure who you would want instead that’s better and would come here.

If they both get utilised the same way I expect Lukaku to outscore Benteke, same way he has done 4 out of the last 5 seasons.
Haha - what an effort. Fair play.

Where did you get those minutes per goal stats? I had a hard time finding anything other than per game.

Still, I imagine you watch them both play as often as I do, so I'm not sure how you could think that they're similar in terms of their all round games. Benteke is quite a complete striker, who leads the line and can be relied upon to hold the ball up and allow the rest of his team to love forward, whereas Lukaku is more of an off the shoulder, penalty box-type.

It's interesting seeing a full breakdown of their goals/minutes ratios, but I don't think it makes Lukaku the better player any more than I think Javier Hernandez is the best centre forward in Premier League history.

Haha - what an effort. Fair play.

Where did you get those minutes per goal stats? I had a hard time finding anything other than per game.

Still, I imagine you watch them both play as often as I do, so I'm not sure how you could think that they're similar in terms of their all round games. Benteke is quite a complete striker, who leads the line and can be relied upon to hold the ball up and allow the rest of his team to love forward, whereas Lukaku is more of an off the shoulder, penalty box-type.

It's interesting seeing a full breakdown of their goals/minutes ratios, but I don't think it makes Lukaku the better player any more than I think Javier Hernandez is the best centre forward in Premier League history.

I got them from transfermarkt.

I definitely agree that Benteke is the more complete striker. I simply don't think the difference is that big that it makes him a far superior player and as Lukaku has consistently been a better scorer I'd still consider him the better striker.

This season will determine who is the better striker, without sounding bias, i just don't get anything from watching benteke. he just bores me. i know Lukaku can be frustrating to watch at times, but every now'n'then he has a 'worldie'. much rather watch Rom than benteke.

This season will determine who is the better striker, without sounding bias, i just don't get anything from watching benteke. he just bores me. i know Lukaku can be frustrating to watch at times, but every now'n'then he has a 'worldie'. much rather watch Rom than benteke.
I think Benteke's main benefit is he can actually shoot from range, but I'm also fairly sure Everton's scouting process involves making sure players have no desire to shoot outside the box whatsoever. Apart from Barkley, I don't think we've had a player who could really rip a shot from range since Arteta or maybe McFadden, and neither of them were particularly good at it either.

I think Benteke's main benefit is he can actually shoot from range, but I'm also fairly sure Everton's scouting process involves making sure players have no desire to shoot outside the box whatsoever. Apart from Barkley, I don't think we've had a player who could really rip a shot from range since Arteta or maybe McFadden, and neither of them were particularly good at it either.
Bilyaletdinov

Dont forget 'Sergundo Castillo' :)

No, Completely agree. would love for Ross to put last season behind him and start playing that carefree style we love to watch. OK he loses the ball at times (as does Deulofeu) but my heart goes insane when barkley and Del run forward.

Lukaku saying some great things recently...

"To be fair John is in a good situation at a good club which believes in him," he said.

"He is playing and is learning a lot from Phil Jagielka.

"He's been here two years now but this is the year where he really needs to confirm he is the top player he can be.

"This club has massive potential, with the players we have and the ambition the manager has. He is in a good place. He's on to a good thing."

Lukaku left Stamford Bridge for Everton last summer following three frustrating years in west London.

After signing from Anderlecht for around £10million in 2011 he knows just how difficult it can be to make it at the club.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...helsea-Manchester-United-Transfer-News-Gossip

“If I get the ball and start running, just get out of the way, because you’ll be on the floor,” he said.

“My father has always been a big influence in my life and I am very close to my family. Whenever I have a bit of time off I go home and I stay with my parents as much as I can.

“I am alone here and when my father was ill it was very difficult for me. The club knew about the situation and that I was going home all the time to see if he was alright.

“When he was better I started to play well in the December, although I also started the season off with a few injuries and there were a few games when I didn’t have to play but I wanted to play because I wanted to help the team.

“I had four injections in my foot before the Arsenal game and the Chelsea game [last season]. Then my friend Junior (Malanda, the former Wolfsburg midfielder) died as well.

“He was very close to me and my family and I really wasn’t good at that time. It was hard for me and my family.

“Personally last year was my most difficult year.

“It’s true for a footballer that if your life is good off the pitch you can always give that 20 per cent more but for me at my young age I discovered there are some things you don’t know how to handle.

“People associate the footballer with the glamour but we have a life as well. For me, family has always been more important than football.”
http://thestar.ie/romelu-lukaku-int...seas-diego-costa-and-man-citys-sergio-aguero/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back