Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect this may have been covered thus far, but Lukaku has had a pretty quiet World Cup. With Chelsea already having signed a striker, do you think a) this increases our chances of getting him, and b) getting him relatively cheaply?

Suspect this may have been covered thus far, but Lukaku has had a pretty quiet World Cup. With Chelsea already having signed a striker, do you think a) this increases our chances of getting him, and b) getting him relatively cheaply?
It certainly can't harm our chances that's for sure.
And at the minute he definitely isn't worth any more than he was before the World Cup started

im so glad i cursed him by putting money on him to be golden boot winner in the world cup.

i'd gladly loose my money if it means we have any chance of signing him.

It certainly can't harm our chances that's for sure.
And at the minute he definitely isn't worth any more than he was before the World Cup started

He certainly won't have done his reputation much good. His value at the moment seems to stem largely from a couple of decent seasons in the Premier League. His record for Belgium is actually pretty poor. I don't know if its at all realistic to value him at £20m+ at the moment, especially as he only has two years left on his contract.

He certainly won't have done his reputation much good. His value at the moment seems to stem largely from a couple of decent seasons in the Premier League. His record for Belgium is actually pretty poor. I don't know if its at all realistic to value him at £20m+ at the moment, especially as he only has two years left on his contract.
I agree that his price is overinflated. But no more than any other young talent, and the fact that he's proven he can score in this league makes me think we won't get him for under £20m.
If he was our player would you expect us to sell him for any less?

I agree that his price is overinflated. But no more than any other young talent, and the fact that he's proven he can score in this league makes me think we won't get him for under £20m.
If he was our player would you expect us to sell him for any less?
If he was our player we'd be turning down any offers below £30m. Lallana just went for £25m!!

Personally think it is yes to both.

But another factor might be Rom himself - Wilmots doesn't seem to rate him that highly and they didn't appear close with Lukaku very annoyed with being subbed. Think it is the same with Mourinho.

His excellent rapport with Martinez plus the fact he would be undisputed #1 in a team he is happy in and has performed well for might seem more valuable now than risking another team/manager he might not get on with.

Poor World Cup so far, but well done Bruce, hes now nailed on to score 12 versus the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back