Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-win-divock-origi-transfer-3786326

Liverpool are closing in on him for 9.8m so I think we should bare this mind whenever we are pricing Lukaku.
LOL Hes scored 6 in 40 goals and one at the world cup.
ABSOLUTE BEAST.
Lukaku must be costing 13million as hes a proven goal scorer in the league having scored 15+ goals in the last two seasons as well as scoring 6 goals for the national side, but clearly all he does is score goals, has the first touch of an elephant and will never improve at all

The point isn't that Lukaku wouldn't be a good purchase but just that there are other players out there and the price would need to be right.

Lukaku is brilliant in a counter attacking team where there's loads of space but back to goal in a team that dominate possession he struggles.

Ultimately if that never improves he'll never be more than an option from the bench for a top team so therefore he'll never be worth more than 20m. It's the reason Jose doesn't want him.

Origi looks like he has a higher potential but I agree it's hard to judge from 3 sub appearances.

That said if you had never seen Barkley before this World Cup his sub appearances would still have been enough to show you his quality.

The point isn't that Lukaku wouldn't be a good purchase but just that there are other players out there and the price would need to be right.

Lukaku is brilliant in a counter attacking team where there's loads of space but back to goal in a team that dominate possession he struggles.

Ultimately if that never improves he'll never be more than an option from the bench for a top team so therefore he'll never be worth more than 20m. It's the reason Jose doesn't want him.

Origi looks like he has a higher potential but I agree it's hard to judge from 3 sub appearances.

That said if you had never seen Barkley before this World Cup his sub appearances would still have been enough to show you his quality.

This all day. £20m+ for an impact player? Even WBA used him as a sub for 75% of their games...

Origi looks like a player who wants to get "involved" in the play, not get on the end of it. As stated above in a possession based system you need the striker to get involved.

BTW for £9m Origi looks a snip.

Rather selfishly wanting the Yanks to beat Belgium, can't see Lukaku making his mind up straight away, going to be at least 2/3 weeks after elimination before he decides. He will want a holiday first.

LOL Hes scored 6 in 40 goals and one at the world cup.
ABSOLUTE BEAST.
Lukaku must be costing 13million as hes a proven goal scorer in the league having scored 15+ goals in the last two seasons as well as scoring 6 goals for the national side, but clearly all he does is score goals, has the first touch of an elephant and will never improve at all

Mental isn't it. We've got someone on this page alone who will defend Kone to high heaven but slate Lukaku. The mind boggles

Very difficult one this, got goals in him, but back to goal he's terrible. An the way we play we need the forward to hold the ball up and bring the 3 behind into the game. We have players that will run on in Barkley an Mirallas but he never seems to find them. I'm so unsure over him. Also can you teach a 1st touch? Because his second is a tackle.

Rather selfishly wanting the Yanks to beat Belgium, can't see Lukaku making his mind up straight away, going to be at least 2/3 weeks after elimination before he decides. He will want a holiday first.

Its a strange one that Everton fans are wanting him to fail somewhat in order to stand a better chance of signing him at a good price. He has scored 9 goals in 30 international appearances (i'm giving him his hattrick against Luxembourg)... its against better defenders that know how to play him that you see why he struggles. Its why I don't want him.

Its not like Suarez - defenders know he will try and meg them, but he still does it and gets away with it. Lukaku always tries to face them up, stuck tight he can't - he doesn't have the ability to do what he likes.

Its a strange one that Everton fans are wanting him to fail somewhat in order to stand a better chance of signing him at a good price. He has scored 9 goals in 30 international appearances (i'm giving him his hattrick against Luxembourg)... its against better defenders that know how to play him that you see why he struggles. Its why I don't want him.

Its not like Suarez - defenders know he will try and meg them, but he still does it and gets away with it. Lukaku always tries to face them up, stuck tight he can't - he doesn't have the ability to do what he likes.

Nothing to do with the price, surely this will have been agreed before World Cup and regardless of his performances. I just want to know so that if he doesn't want to come back, we have plenty of time to move onto alternatives. Don't want to go into the first 3 games with only Kone, Naismith and Mirralas being our only strikeforce.

Another way to look at it, Lukaku is still young with plenty of years 10+ ahead of him. He is going to be in the future Belgium squads for Euro qualifying regardless. After forming a sound relationship with Martinez, players, club & fans etc, there is no reason why he shouldn't give us a year or two with the chance of qualifying for the Champions League. If after 1/2 seasons, if we fail to qualify he then moves onto a CL team, and we get our money back or make a profit on him, and with him still being under the age of 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back