Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading this Guardian article on who overpaid for which players.

It included a link to the website which did the calculations. They have a page where you can put in the stats of a player, and get a valuation. I looked up Lukaku's stats, and filled it in (a little roughly - they had funny time periods).

This is the result:
image.webp

Obviously you can argue how accurate their valuation is, but still that's £70,000,000-82,000,000.

By all accounts a bargain.

Edit: just did a rough calculation for Bešić and he comes in at £5-6 million.

Last edited:
Some proper plonkers in this thread.

Been playing with not full fitness and a basically broken toe, And he's been very good. Just in a different way to what we are used to, his hold up and build up play have been great, his first touch has improved massively and his back to goal play has dramatically improved.

He is injured and not fully fit, when he is fit he will be banging in the goals again.

Get a grip.

Some proper plonkers in this thread.

Been playing with not full fitness and a basically broken toe, And he's been very good. Just in a different way to what we are used to, his hold up and build up play have been great, his first touch has improved massively and his back to goal play has dramatically improved.

He is injured and not fully fit, when he is fit he will be banging in the goals again.

Get a grip.

Not sure why people are liking this post...

First of all, he's not injured, as he wouldn't be playing if he was. He might be carrying a light knock but it's not serious enough to keep him from starting games. So that isn't an excuse, as players cope with light knocks all the time.

Second, he hasn't been playing well at all. He's been, at best, average, with two moments of brilliance since the season started, overshadowed by hours of anonymity. Yes, his first touch has been slightly more consistent, but he's still losing the ball with regularity.

I get he has fans, I'm one of them but not to the extent some are on here, but this is just making excuses and being blind to what's actually happening on the pitch. We'll see better from Lukaku, but there's no harm in pointing out his flaws that have been a mainstay of his game for the whole of 2014 bar the odd golden moment. He hasn't adjusted to his role in a possession game that flows quickly since the turn of the year, but he's getting very gradually better at it.

First of all, he's not injured, as he wouldn't be playing if he was. He might be carrying a light knock but it's not serious enough to keep him from starting games. So that isn't an excuse, as players cope with light knocks all the time.

Second, he hasn't been playing well at all. He's been, at best, average, with two moments of brilliance since the season started, overshadowed by hours of anonymity. Yes, his first touch has been slightly more consistent, but he's still losing the ball with regularity.

I get he has fans, I'm one of them but not to the extent some are on here, but this is just making excuses and being blind to what's actually happening on the pitch. We'll see better from Lukaku, but there's no harm in pointing out his flaws that have been a mainstay of his game for the whole of 2014 bar the odd golden moment. He hasn't adjusted to his role in a possession game that flows quickly since the turn of the year, but he's getting very gradually better at it.

I liked it because I liked what he said. And he's right, lids are being extremely tittish over Lukaku.

He'll come good soon, then they'll look like tits.

a player can still be injured and play games, can they not

i mean i could have a slight tweak in my groin, but if a woman bends over and asks me to give her anal, i'm still going to give it to her despite my injury.

i just won't be able to fulfill my potential like i would at full fitness, to which she would say "well, that was a let down", to which i will reply "pardon me madame, i was not at full fitness ... however, even if i was, you would have still been left thoroughly disappointed."

the moral of the story, if lukaku grows dreads back, i'm sure he'll make sure not to make the same mistake again and keep them. he looks less intimidating imo.

So you've been watching football how long, and you think players don't play through injury, with light knocks or otherwise and that it never affects their performance or form??

You are right, it's not an excuse. Because it's a reason. And a very common reason. I can't say it's definitely affected Lukaku, but thought it was strange you seem to dismiss a very normal thing in football.

It must be said tho, im not solely blaming his "injury" for his fairly poor current form, but its certainly a factor, a slight injury, the burden of the fee, a poor WC and a very short pre-season all adds up.

I saw enough last season not be overly concerned tho.

Sorry mate, Really like you as a poster but you're completely wrong.

He is playing with a injury to his toe, Martinez has confirmed it. Players play with injections and so on to play through the pain barrier but the injections usually only last for 50-60 minutes.

He was played because he is seen as vitally important and he wanted to help us trying to win games.

And he has done very well at what he has been doing so for you to dispute that is wrong.

No excuses just dealing with what it is.

Reactions: FTY
Sorry mate, Really like you as a poster but you're completely wrong.

He is playing with a injury to his toe, Martinez has confirmed it. Players play with injections and so on to play through the pain barrier but the injections usually only last for 50-60 minutes.

He was played because he is seen as vitally important and he wanted to help us trying to win games.

And he has done very well at what he has been doing so for you to dispute that is wrong.

No excuses just dealing with what it is.

Maybe thats why he shins it... so he doesn't hurt the toe.

seriously, whatever it is, I just want to see him fully up to speed and fit. No excuses, just get head down and play, prove me wrong.

I was reading this Guardian article on who overpaid for which players.

It included a link to the website which did the calculations. They have a page where you can put in the stats of a player, and get a valuation. I looked up Lukaku's stats, and filled it in (a little roughly - they had funny time periods).

This is the result:
View attachment 3510

Obviously you can argue how accurate their valuation is, but still that's £70,000,000-82,000,000.

By all accounts a bargain.

Edit: just did a rough calculation for Bešić and he comes in at £5-6 million.
Im worth this much...

According to the information provided, the transfer market value of the player is between € 5,208.1 million and € 6,052.7 million.

a player can still be injured and play games, can they not

i mean i could have a slight tweak in my groin, but if a woman bends over and asks me to give her anal, i'm still going to give it to her despite my injury.

i just won't be able to fulfill my potential like i would at full fitness, to which she would say "well, that was a let down", to which i will reply "pardon me madame, i was not at full fitness ... however, even if i was, you would have still been left thoroughly disappointed."

the moral of the story, if lukaku grows dreads back, i'm sure he'll make sure not to make the same mistake again and keep them. he looks less intimidating imo.
Are you telling us that if we grow dreads our birds would let us do anal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back