Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
My account was hacked I think mate

tumblr_lxy9y2z9Mq1qdau9mo1_500.gif

must admit when I wasn't playing footy in the summer I hit the gym hard meself put nearly two stone on come the pre-season I could hardly run myself ... Maybe in his case the lack of pre-season /extended break has affected him big time ... Get him on the treadmill everyday ha

It's interesting that someone just posted that RM just posted in a press conference that Lukaku is tired/exhausted. I remember when rom played for west brom that he didn't play every game, but last season for us he was probably overplayed due to us not having another striker available or in form. Could that big season last year have burnt him out a bit ??? he certainly looked off the pace at the world cup and has continued into this season. The fact that the manager has highlighted this problem brings weight to the argument that his form is off this year. In fairness to everyone on this thread we don't know rom's physical situation, oxygen level count or whatever they use to show exhaustion. I have been very critical of the big fella because he looks like he is not at it, but if he has a fatigue problem this would show up as the exact reason being highlighted on here. (looking leggy, not chasing, poor touch etc) The whole fat issue came about when we were discussing has rom become too muscle bound and lost some of his explosiveness, I was hoping he could be rested due to the fact naisey seems to be hitting some form, get Rom ready to explode back onto the scene again. I personally hope rom can come good soon and take the premiership by storm but from what RM is saying he may have to play every other game.

my biggest gripe with him being so monstrous is that he barely uses it. he doesnt bully defenders, he doesnt just assault people. its like someone in hockey being 6'6" and 110kg and never use their size and shy away from contact.

my biggest gripe with him being so monstrous is that he barely uses it. he doesnt bully defenders, he doesnt just assault people. its like someone in hockey being 6'6" and 110kg and never use their size and shy away from contact.
And mine as well. He's not always going to score but I would like to see him knock people for six, I don't mean run around like a lunatic but when a defender leans into him he should use his size and just spin off them, rather than hit the deck.

Slightly missing my point, he's not exactly getting the top service from the likes of Osman, so as a result i do believe he's suffering, compared to the fantastic through balls by Barkley.

I don't think it's fair to judge in that way, yes he has to do better, BUT and it's a big but...the players around him have to up their game, the service is non existent at times.

Lukaku likes the ball played through, he runs onto it and buries it.

Instead we're giving him either a ball in the air or a pass with him facing away from goal, he's then got zero support so has to turn, take on 2 defenders and score.

It's maybe time to put Eto'o alongside him and let them support each other

Utterly confused by this statement. Barkley had ZERO assists last season and Osman had three so unsure how Barkley's thru balls are doing so much damage.
When building up one player and slating another try to use facts rather than opinion
Mirallas created more goals than anyone and is far more important than Barkley for setting up Lukaku

Reactions: NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back