Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course a good first touch can be taught, why wouldn't it be able to? It's a physical action, it's not like you need a 'football brain' for it. Reading the game the way Barry does for example, can't be taught, in my opinion anyway.

See no reason why his first touch can't improve - and besides it's pretty exaggerated how bad people make his touch out to be anyway. It's very poor sometimes but not as bad as some people make out on here.

It's a self perpetuating argument, the posters who repeat it over and over slowly affirm their view as others are indoctrinated through sheer force of volume.

It's also started now with the idea he's over weight.

But who's going to enlighten us all now about Lukaku and criticises every facet of his game except the important bit a forward does?

Dunno - someone who is stupid enough to have a mind of their own. It may be some revolutionary who identified that David Moyes was not the right man for the club about 3 years before "who else will we get" population realised that he wasn't all that.

Dunno - someone who is stupid enough to have a mind of their own. It may be some revolutionary who identified that David Moyes was not the right man for the club about 3 years before "who else will we get" population realised that he wasn't all that.
lol That is lovely mate. I think lots of people have minds of their own, which is why they are called individuals. Would you like a gold sticker for being right ? You can add it to the others on your wall, like the one you got when someone asked you what the day was, and you got that right too.

It's a self perpetuating argument, the posters who repeat it over and over slowly affirm their view as others are indoctrinated through sheer force of volume.

It's also started now with the idea he's over weight.

Overweight and fat are two entirely different scenarios with a footballer.

Is he fat? Not at all. Probably around 8-12% which is lean.

Is he heavy? 94kg says yes he is. He is 2 inches taller than Diego Costa (81kg) but weighs 13kg heavier, Drogba is 84kg. If you look at someone similar Yaya Toure - he is still 3kg lighter than Romelu.

Football like cycling is power to weight ratio. Are those extra kg equating to a proportionate amount of additional power? I don't think it is.

His top end speed is very good, but he takes a few strides to get going. For the same reasons his change of direction and ability to turn quicker are slower.

The ideal height/power/weight ratio is likely to be Ronaldo - just shy of 6ft 2 - he weighs 80kg. 14kg lighter than Rom. That little extra height is not worth 14kg on Rom.

So my conclusion is this "yes he looks the part and could work the doors or be a cracking number 8 on the rugby pitch, but I think he is carrying too much bulk and it affects his sharpness and stamina"

Is he heavy? 94kg says yes he is. He is 2 inches taller than Diego Costa (81kg) but weighs 13kg heavier, Drogba is 84kg. If you look at someone similar Yaya Toure - he is still 3kg lighter than Romelu.

Football like cycling is power to weight ratio. Are those extra kg equating to a proportionate amount of additional power? I don't think it is.

His top end speed is very good, but he takes a few strides to get going. For the same reasons his change of direction and ability to turn quicker are slower.

The ideal height/power/weight ratio is likely to be Ronaldo - just shy of 6ft 2 - he weighs 80kg. 14kg lighter than Rom. That little extra height is not worth 14kg on Rom.

So my conclusion is this "yes he looks the part and could work the doors or be a cracking number 8 on the rugby pitch, but I think he is carrying too much bulk and it affects his sharpness and stamina"

...a mind is a terrible thing to waste

Reactions: NEC
...a mind is a terrible thing to waste

To those who may remember AVB had issues with his weight. He hit 101kg at Chelsea and got put on a diet.

He's a classic endomorph like Rooney, Tyson etc. Its difficult to overtrain them, but not difficult to pack on too much muscle.

are people seriously calling Lukaku overweight / fat?

insane.

No - read above.

Most blokes would love to have his build and muscularity - but in football there is a fine line.

I went from 76kg to 92kg in 2 years after doing weights and it affected my game. I had less body fat but stamina and acceleration went out the window. Stronger on the ball etc but not worth the other downsides.

The club will have some of the leading fitness coaches and dieticians in the country, I doubt with Lukaku being our record signing he will be going unchecked.

No - read above.

Most blokes would love to have his build and muscularity - but in football there is a fine line.

I went from 76kg to 92kg in 2 years after doing weights and it affected my game. I had less body fat but stamina and acceleration went out the window. Stronger on the ball etc but not worth the other downsides.

You put on 16kg of muscle and dropped body fat in two years?

Lukaku is a monster and as soon as he starts scoring again all this nonsense about being "overweight" and not the right body type or whatever will soon be forgotten before before being remembered and vaulted into oblivion

You put on 16kg of muscle and dropped body fat in two years?

Lukaku is a monster and as soon as he starts scoring again all this nonsense about being "overweight" and not the right body type or whatever will soon be forgotten before before being remembered and vaulted into oblivion

It's a white lie to push his agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back