Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the game I was thinking RM needed to take Lukaku off because he couldn't hit a barn door. Even after the game I was thinking "well he didn't even get that goal in the end, he's had a shocker". After reading the comments on here though I've had more time to think. His head never went down once, though it was an OG without him that equaliser never happens.

Yes he is missing a crazy amount of chances at the moment but he is getting in those positions and he doesn't let his head drop. I think that the the problem is much bigger than Lukaku and putting it totally on him isn't going to make him play better.

Coleman is a shadow of what he was last year, same with Baines. They've missed the security of Barry and Howard of last year which (I hope) is the reason why they have been performing going forward.

The answer to Evertons problems = Yaya Toure

Reckon they'll sell?

Not his best game,but still had chances and didnt hide,that shot that he hit over the bar,that he should have put us 2-1 up,actually takes a little bobble a splitt second before he hits it.

Yeah i'm correct, you reply to a comment about Lukaku and don't even mention him, great input that, shows you have a lot to say. Guessing you don't even know or understand what happened today, also rather embarrassing you haven't noticed what this thread is about.

As for Howard that whole debate has gone over your head, my point was scapegoating an the way we played as a side earlier in the season, not sticking up for Howard as an individual. If you bothered reading the forum you would know this. Martinez messed up by bringing him back in after Robles had done well, i've said that plenty of times, there might be some who want Howard in over Robles but i'm not one of them.
I know it's the lukaku thread
But I saw you and decided to comment about Howard

And as for you wanting Robles in
What a [Poor language removed] joke

You have stuck up for Howard for yrs

He's the worst keeper ever in my life time For longevity at Everton

I have also we won't win a think with that clown in goal

Think you will find that I will be right and you wrong

See ya
You clueless P.R.I.C.K

I know it's the lukaku thread
But I saw you and decided to comment about Howard

And as for you wanting Robles in
What a [Poor language removed] joke

You have stuck up for Howard for yrs

He's the worst keeper ever in my life time For longevity at Everton

I have also we won't win a think with that clown in goal

Think you will find that I will be right and you wrong

See ya
You clueless P.R.I.C.K

Watch the language and the insults please mate.

I am coming to the opinion that there is a link between pretty much all our strikers going to absolute mush and the flippancy shown to strikers from our fans.

Most strikers coming to Goodison are only ever three games away from being labeled "lazy".

And black comedians.

An assist and a forced own goal.
Plus several terrible misses.
If we hadn't conceded 2 comedy goals he'd be in the running for MOTM.
But seeing as we did concede those goals, guess its also fair to be angry at him not taking the chances when for once he was given service in the league.

BtzA7XUIAAA6C_l.jpg

He gets slated on a regular basis on here, but the lad is in good company.

During the game I was thinking RM needed to take Lukaku off because he couldn't hit a barn door. Even after the game I was thinking "well he didn't even get that goal in the end, he's had a shocker". After reading the comments on here though I've had more time to think. His head never went down once, though it was an OG without him that equaliser never happens.

Yes he is missing a crazy amount of chances at the moment but he is getting in those positions and he doesn't let his head drop. I think that the the problem is much bigger than Lukaku and putting it totally on him isn't going to make him play better.

Coleman is a shadow of what he was last year, same with Baines. They've missed the security of Barry and Howard of last year which (I hope) is the reason why they have been performing going forward.

Reckon they'll sell?
The answer to Everton's problems is someone like Tadic or Fermino. Someone who can create space where there is none with a stupidly great pass few can even think of much less make.

Reckon they'll sell?

Agreed. Lukaku may have been missing at point blank opportunities, he was attacking and creating space for himself for that entire 2nd half push. That was great to see, but FFS Lukaku, FINISH. He's persistent though, that Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back