Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be addressed this off season...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/evertons-hamstring-curse---romelu-8911144

"Everton’s hamstring curse has struck again.

The Blues have suffered a curious spate of the same injury this term, with Romelu Lukaku incredibly becoming the 13th first-team player to be put out of action.

Since Roberto Martinez arrived 18 months ago the Toffees have endured an alarming 22 hamstring injuries to those 13 players"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/evertons-hamstring-curse---romelu-8911144

The Blues have suffered a curious spate of the same injury this term, with Romelu Lukaku incredibly becoming the 13th first-team player to be put out of action.

Since Roberto Martinez arrived 18 months ago the Toffees have endured an alarming 22 hamstring injuries to those 13 players"
read that article (also why do UK websites always ask me to answer a survey to read an article lol) anyways I think its the 2nd reason mentioned about it being an issue of the hamstring overworking to make up for other muscles.

There is a bonus to him pulling his hammy, we might not now get the inevitable "i'm leaving in the summer" quote whilst on international duty.
Then again we might still get it.

Defo this needs to be addressed with the training.

Wasn't this part of what Distin and Martinez fell out over though? Distin felt the constant short sided games in training were partly to blame for the muscle injuries being picked up during matches.

As someone who suffered with a few hamstring injuries myself, I can certainly see that being an issue.

I think Lukaku has been over-worked, he plays all the time and despite what people think of his work-rate he actually puts in a lot of sprints per game. Martinez would have been better using Eto'o as a forward and rotating Lukaku a bit earlier in the season to give him a break. Kone is a waste of space.

Defo this needs to be addressed with the training.

Wasn't this part of what Distin and Martinez fell out over though? Distin felt the constant short sided games in training were partly to blame for the muscle injuries being picked up during matches.

As someone who suffered with a few hamstring injuries myself, I can certainly see that being an issue.

I think Lukaku has been over-worked, he plays all the time and despite what people think of his work-rate he actually puts in a lot of sprints per game. Martinez would have been better using Eto'o as a forward and rotating Lukaku a bit earlier in the season to give him a break. Kone is a waste of space.
I agree. Lukaku has carried the attack all season and his body has fatigued.
We need a striker in the summer of quality to work with Lukaku.
Get rid if Kone and get serious Roberto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back