Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why is that, genuine Everton fans buy the season tickets because they support the overall team/club
Advising people to sit tight is plain ridiculous, I have seen far better than Lukaku leave this club and not for 1 minute did I think I am not going to get a season ticket.
If you have to contemplate getting a season ticket over the loss of 1 player, I advise you don't get one...

I'm sorry, but I would rather buy the Wigan 2012/13 season review DVD than spend hundreds of pounds to see the same thing in person in a vain attempt to prove my authenticity. In fact, I would anticipate Naismith behind Kone as being WORSE than watching Wigan, as the former isn't as good on the ball as Shaun Maloney...

According to your logic, though, it would appear that a season ticket is the hallmark of a genuine supporter, and therefore anyone without one next season isn't genuine. Forget their potential money constraints, location, etc.

Oh, and I can assure you that I won't get one should we sell an asset like Lukaku and demonstrate no intention of moving forward with investing in the squad...hence my original hypothetical comment.

We need to keep him for couple of seasons yet. Get him hitting 25+ and then can demand £50m!!
He would be only 23/24 aswell.

anyone heard much of his injury?
Hopefully he's being kept out of the internationals and putting club first...although I always get the impression that clubs feel honour bound to leave them out of the next game after the internationals to 'prove' they haven't been swinging the lead.

Torn hamstring. Out for the season.
Stewie_gun_mouth_super.jpg

Lukaku did cause a stir when making 'big club' transfer claims after a midweek defeat to Chelsea.
He said: "They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.
"I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again."

If he said this I think he's off

Only a Grade One sprain.
Typically look at around 3/4 weeks out including rehab but you often see a reduced healing time in professional athletes, so probably out for 2/3 weeks.
Echo say he might make Southampton but I suspect he'd be at 80/90% if he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back