Lukaku's replacement ?

Go on then, who wouid you like ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if we really want Vardy we can get him quite easily, he has given Leicester an extra year after interest from Arsenal that was his chance of a big move. Now the shock of Leicester win in the league has settled, he's not such a wanted man and we as a team are the best of the rest at this moment in time his level is the level we are at, so I think he would fit in perfectly, I see Sigurdsson in the same bracket get them 2 in and a few other and we will be ready for next season.
Sell Lukaku and buy that duo ---> totally made up

Sell Lukaku and buy that duo ---> totally made up
I'm glad someone agrees, some fans are in dreamland thinking we can compete with the top sides for players, even if we can financially (which I don't think we can) but we can't offer champions league, but I can see them 2 as a good fit in our squad, like I said their level is our level at this moment in time.

People think we couldn't 'pull' Icardi but I bet we could! And if not, what about someone like Hulk? Only 30 and said this a couple of months ago:

Hulk also told the publication that he was happy living in China, but refused to rule out a possible move to England, saying "nothing is impossible" in football.

In 2016 Hulk signed for Shanghai SIPG for £46.1million - a then Asian transfer record - but claims he has always been attracted to playing in England one day.

"It's always been a dream, it's a very competitive championship and the stadiums are full in every game, no matter what the team," he told Sport TV.

Sure he'd have to take a wage cut, but he'd get Europa League football, and realise his dream. Lukaku is a big presence and personality in the dressing room and we need some major big-names imo.

I'd rather £25m on Hulk than £20m on Vardy. Same age!

Big difference between Icardi and Hulk.

I wouldn't say no to Hulk, but a player of that quality playing in Russia then China screams 'all about the money'. Personally I'd prefer Vardy, proven in the league and not a complete mercenary.

Big difference between Icardi and Hulk.

I wouldn't say no to Hulk, but a player of that quality playing in Russia then China screams 'all about the money'. Personally I'd prefer Vardy, proven in the league and not a complete mercenary.

Hulk is Brazilian and he had already been loaned out to the Japanese Second Division from Brazil when he was 18/19. He was not known then. Porto spotted him and that's when he became known. The fact he had already been in Japan as an unknown means he's less of a mercenary in my eyes now that he's joined the Chinese league. McGeady played in Russia too but we don't think of him as a mercenary!

I also think pulling off a Hulk signing would be even a greater surprise than Icardi.

Hulk is Brazilian and he had already been loaned out to the Japanese Second Division from Brazil when he was 18/19. He was not known then. Porto spotted him and that's when he became known. The fact he had already been in Japan as an unknown means he's less of a mercenary in my eyes now that he's joined the Chinese league. McGeady played in Russia too but we don't think of him as a mercenary!

I also think pulling off a Hulk signing would be even a greater surprise than Icardi.

When he was 18/19 a move to Japan was probably a good move to develop as a player. Two moves to leagues with a reputation for mediocre football and high wages (along with low taxes if I'm not mistaken?) in his prime years seems a bit worrying. Walsh has said he wants the 'right personality' in the players he scouts, Hulk hardly seems to match that criteria well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Icardi ended up somewhere like Bayern or Real Madrid, can't see either of them fancying Hulk at all. For what it's worth, I don't see us being able to get Hulk or Icardi.

For what it's worth, I don't see us being able to get Hulk or Icardi.

You're probably correct (90% likely) but since Moshiri came in there's been talk of attracting the world's best players, 'projects', being turned into one of the successful elite clubs, smashing wage structures, Kenwright said “If there is a player who wants to play for Everton Football Club who Ronald [Koeman] wants, who Steve [Walsh] wants, we will get them for you. It’s fantastic for me to be able to say that.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-chairman-bill-kenwright-makes-13011893

So hopefully players like Icardi or Hulk aren't as far-fetched as it may seem.

You're probably correct (90% likely) but since Moshiri came in there's been talk of attracting the world's best players, 'projects', being turned into one of the successful elite clubs, smashing wage structures, Kenwright said “If there is a player who wants to play for Everton Football Club who Ronald [Koeman] wants, who Steve [Walsh] wants, we will get them for you. It’s fantastic for me to be able to say that.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-chairman-bill-kenwright-makes-13011893

We will know come September. Let's hope the powers that be live up to the expectations they've been setting amongst the fans since Moshiri came on board.

People think we couldn't 'pull' Icardi but I bet we could! And if not, what about someone like Hulk? Only 30 and said this a couple of months ago:

Hulk also told the publication that he was happy living in China, but refused to rule out a possible move to England, saying "nothing is impossible" in football.

In 2016 Hulk signed for Shanghai SIPG for £46.1million - a then Asian transfer record - but claims he has always been attracted to playing in England one day.

"It's always been a dream, it's a very competitive championship and the stadiums are full in every game, no matter what the team," he told Sport TV.

Sure he'd have to take a wage cut, but he'd get Europa League football, and realise his dream. Lukaku is a big presence and personality in the dressing room and we need some major big-names imo.

I'd rather £25m on Hulk than £20m on Vardy. Same age!
Hulk would want £25m in wages each year on top of that. He's a mercenary and has never been anything other than that.

Hulk lollol

Ramirez and Vardy seem the front runners at the moment, wouldn't rule out Rooney aswell, we need to sign 3 strikers (or at least 3 players that can play upfront).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back