Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
cresswell > tierny

you-serious-bro-thumb.jpg

Guessing we will probably be able to pick up a smallish (Gibson type) fee for him in the summer mate, surprised he signed a new deal myself, then again maybe he was happy to sit there earing money for not playing

...and if that's the case, he might prefer to stay at USM FF for the next two seasons. Saying that, RK seems to have the ability to move players on that he doesn't want. The shame about Garbutt is he does hit a 'heavy ball' and we really are missing a trick not having a dead ball expert who repeatedly puts the ball on the money.

...and if that's the case, he might prefer to stay at USM FF for the next two seasons. Saying that, RK seems to have the ability to move players on that he doesn't want. The shame about Garbutt is he does hit a 'heavy ball' and we really are missing a trick not having a dead ball expert who repeatedly puts the ball on the money.

Aye hopefull someone who can actually take a set piece either comes in during the summer or one of the current ones steps up and maybe puts that extratraining in which all the good ones seem to obsess over doing

Disappointed with how he has developed. I remember him having a great set piece delivery

Same. I was at the Emirates a couple of seasons ago when he started against the Gooners and he was one of our best players that day. I coach a youth team and the progression of any individual player is so difficult to predict.

Sorry I'm starting new thread but all the others appear to be locked.

At the start of next season he will be 24 which is the same age as Baines was when he finally nailed down the LB slot as his own. I think if hes fit and they've registered him in the 25 man squad he should be given a couple of games towards the end of the season to see what he can actually do. I know he wasn't much good on either of his loan spells but some players thrive with stronger players around them. He might just save us a few million as a capable back up to Baines is one of the positions we definitely need filled before next season starts!

Don't be sorry mate, could do with more people starting threads! ;)

I've decided that I'm only going to form an opinion of players based on what I've actually seen them do.

On that basis I rate Garbutt, as I do Galloway, Browning, Connolly and Pennington all who I can't remember ever letting us down.

If they can't get decent loans I'd prefer them to play in the U23s where they can be easily monitored with view to putting them in the first team squad if they are doing well.

Cresswell would be my choice too. Evertonian isnt he?

he's a scouser, not sure whether he's a red or blue.

west ham are a selling club either way, and if we have europa league we will defo need to rotate baines, noway he could do a full season flying down the wing on his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.