Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping he'd make it here and be Baines' long-term replacement, just for that wand of a left peg and his ability to get up and down the wing well. He could have been a genuinely great wing-back for us. Doesn't look like it's going to happen sadly.

A genuine question , why do mods lock threads that are likely to become active again, does it save space or something? Same with the Connolly thread that was locked, so a new one started, come summer and pre season somebody will start a new one again and all the old comments lost.
Garbutt looked like he had a r asonable chance with us 18 months ago, but the bits I saw of him last season at Fulham he looked disinterested and not tracking back working hard enough. A shame , he had enough talent to make it at Championship level I thought .

A genuine question , why do mods lock threads that are likely to become active again, does it save space or something? Same with the Connolly thread that was locked, so a new one started, come summer and pre season somebody will start a new one again and all the old comments lost.
Garbutt looked like he had a r asonable chance with us 18 months ago, but the bits I saw of him last season at Fulham he looked disinterested and not tracking back working hard enough. A shame , he had enough talent to make it at Championship level I thought .

Think they auto lock after a certain length of no activity. I've seen mods mention that ones like his can always be reopened on request though

Luke Shaw.

.*taps nose

£27m hahaha what on earth were united thinking. Utter utter pony of a player, hate it when people on here say we should go for him.

Thank garbutt's time has gone, shame because we have a massive gaping hole of nobody being able to take a good set piece, maybe with oviedo gone we could give him a chance to play backup next season, but with links to the likes of taylor at leeds and amarvi at villa, i think we'll be looking at a backup in the summer.

I think we have enough youngsters with pretty good reviews who could be given a chance to prove themselves and share that backup role kenny, galloway, connelly, garbutt himself etc. But if we have to buy i've liked chillwell so far at leicester and cresswell would be a good buy to be first choice in a couple of years.

Not going to make it here now.

Big chance for Antonee Robinson with Galloway on loan to try and stake a claim. We will certainly need another LB sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.