Transfer Rumour Maitland-Niles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if he's made available in January and we make another attempt. I doubt he'll remain frozen out at Arsenal like, but you never know.

He prefers to play in midfield, BIG Sam stated that on transfer day - he had him on loan for WBA last season on the stipulation he only played in midfield .....
Never noticed him TBH - move on .....
Think we were looking for him because he could cover a couple of positions in midfield rather than as a RB,as you say he's on record as saying he doesn't want to play there.

He's not THAT good.
Only slightly better than Kenny I would say.
No mate. Kenny really has regressed. If you're judging him against the player he was 3/4 years ago you're way off.

Maitland Niles was the best player on the pitch in an F A Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea 15 months ago and was also in the England squad around the same time. JJK is really a million miles away from that level. And I've been a big supporter of the lad in this forum over the years.

Not saying Maitland-Niles is our long term answer at right back. But our squad would be a lot stronger than it is now if he was in it given he can cover left back too.

might depend on who the manager of Arsenal is at that time...
Its a near certainty that Arteta is gone by January. I don’t think he makes it to October. If he gets thrashed by Spurs he won’t even make it to the morning after the game.

if - big if- AMN gets serious playing time, whoever is the manager, then maybe he stays. Otherwise I would think that a new boss with his own targets in mind would take advantage of a willing buyer.

Its a near certainty that Arteta is gone by January. I don’t think he makes it to October. If he gets thrashed by Spurs he won’t even make it to the morning after the game.

if - big if- AMN gets serious playing time, whoever is the manager, then maybe he stays. Otherwise I would think that a new boss with his own targets in mind would take advantage of a willing buyer.
Got till the next International break (which is then) to turn things around apparently.

If he is crap Arteta has spared us and backed himself into a corner to play a crap player, nice one puppet face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back