• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Man City to sue PL

If the PL strip City of their titles, then they will just declare ‘no champion’ in those seasons.

It’d be too messy. It’s not as simple as just giving the team who finished second an asterisk title. You would have to discard any result against City in those seasons and as such, that would filter down to clubs who’d been relegated by virtue of results against City, teams who’d missed out on Europe etc. It would be a huge can of worms.

Sorry lurkers

If the PL strip City of their titles, then they will just declare ‘no champion’ in those seasons.

It’d be too messy. It’s not as simple as just giving the team who finished second an asterisk title. You would have to discard any result against City in those seasons and as such, that would filter down to clubs who’d been relegated by virtue of results against City, teams who’d missed out on Europe etc. It would be a huge can of worms.

Sorry lurkers
Yep. There is precedent in Italy when Juventus were stripped of their titles it just says "no winner" for those years. Same with Lance Armstrong's Tour de France wins I think.

We didn't have oil rich murdering states with unlimited funds to finance such ventures before.
It's ridiculous to not have restraints on spending if the funds have not been commercially earned by the clubs. We'd end up with 6 teams all owned by America and the assorted gulf states paying whatever it takes not only to buy all the best players but also price anyo other competitor out of the market. I wouldn't wanna play monoploy with someone who had their own bank.
City must be punished - but I fear the PL hasn't got the guts to take them on. Bought and paid for.

Yeah we aren't talking Peter Swales, Moores or Jack Walker anymore.

Turning point was Abramavich being allowed to sportswash.

Yep. There is precedent in Italy when Juventus were stripped of their titles it just says "no winner" for those years. Same with Lance Armstrong's Tour de France wins I think.

Yes you’d have teams who’d been relegated talking legal action , teams who’d missed out on Europe, teams who’d finished places lower than they would have without their defeats v City - therefor costing the millions in prize money.

Just let it go Lurkers.

I reckon they might just have a few questions to answer themselves, maybe baby...
View attachment 259762
Stake are owned by mafia members and deal quite shadily, but it really has nothing to do with us; same situation sadly so doubt anything happens to them (or hope nothing happens to us ffs).

City have much dirtier money as they're owned by their """""sponsors"""" so many more questions arise there.

Sorry lurkers
If they strip them then every club should move up a place and get the hike in position prize money.

Hope it does, would be hilarious watching them trying to force celebrations for a title they “won” 5 years ago and there’s no footage whatsoever of them winning.
Wouldn’t put it past them.

They were all wanking themselves silly down the pier head and shooting fireworks at the liver building after they won a *title nobody seen them win.

Liverpool fans are already counting there retrospective prem titles

Recon it will come to that?
Shouldn’t do… the years the Manc cheats won should be left blank with nothing more than an * next to them. Forever a reminder of of the stain they cast on the game.

If big red do get retrospective titles it won’t mean next to feck all anyway, go well with their Covid Title I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Would never happen.
Imagine the clubs who got relegated in those years and what they would try and claim.

Would open a massive can of worms if they start handing titles to runners up etc.
Another court case.😉 As you say in reality it'll never happen.The season they gave WHU a walk and relegated Sheff United showed how bent they are.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back